Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I want the grocery store to Pay MEEEEEEEEEEE. (whine)
1  2  Next

challi

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:17 pm
I went to the grocery store and while I was feeling rather proud of myself for for planning to hearty meals for only $10. ( I know amazing right!) I overheard the cashier telling the man infront of me in line his amount. He spent 43 dollars and saved $53 (no that isn't a mistake). Then the store manager came over, the cashier called her, and did something with the register and a key, and then gave the nice grinning man his change of $10. No he didn't pay a cent.... shock

They paid HIM!!!!!!!

ok, now how did he do that???? I want to do it too and have the grocery store pay me for shopping there!!

So much for feeding my family for $10 makes my accomplishment look like peanuts.

bubby

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:21 pm
Why didn't you ask? Is the grocery a chain so we can all get free $$??? Please go back & ask how the shopper did it!

challi

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:23 pm
I would have if I didn't have 2 screaming kids with me!!! I know right unbelievable.

sunshine!

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:24 pm
He used double and triple and quadruple coupons! It's a science, not an art!

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:24 pm
they have double coupon day & if you use them on sale items they can be less than zero ...

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:27 pm
He must have had great coupons in stores that double down stores that honor coupons at double their value. Beyond that, I have no clue. Interested too.

bubby

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:30 pm
Sunshine, I was never very good at science. embarrassed Do you give lessons?

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:31 pm
which grocery store was this?

challi

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:34 pm
If I tell it will totally give away my local, but I will say its a major regional chain, not a mom and pop type place. A regular large grocery store amazing, my brain is still spinning!!!

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:37 pm
That's probably why. small stores don't do that. (sorry didn't mean to ask to reveal personal info, just wanted to know, so I could shop there too).

Aidelmom

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:38 pm
only in Americhka huh?

sky

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:56 pm
I have an uncle who does this as a hobby and is very good at it. He buys bulk food and either gets it for free or get $$ back through rebates. It takes a lot of time and he ends up with a lot of food he really does not need. But its his claim to fame in the family.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 3:58 pm
Can you ask for tips for those that just dabble in trying to save money?

Bsimcha

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 4:22 pm
There are a few websites and magazines that people who do this all the time use. It is very time consuming but it can save a lot of money. I think it's easier when you are not restricted to certain brands because of kashrus. So obviously we can't do what others can.
It also helps if you live near stores that double coupons and have good sales.
I remember seeing someone posting a link or two to some websites a little while back.
One website that is very good is refundcents.com Web Page Name.
They have a free part and a member part, I think they also have a magazine.

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 4:24 pm
my dh once got money back from CVS.

He is a fabulous shopper.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 5:00 pm
I'm always careful to watch how the product is scanned. If the price it scans at is higher than the price indicated on the shelf, and you notice it, you get the product for free. It is a way to protect the consumer from fraudulent price policies. So know your prices and pay attention at the checkout.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 5:31 pm
my grocery store gives you 10% off every paid order totaling more than $50.00. Every 4-5 weeks I have enough credit for a complete order. it's great.

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 5:37 pm
Probably only in America. It seems cool.

Tova

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 5:39 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
my grocery store gives you 10% off every paid order totaling more than $50.00. Every 4-5 weeks I have enough credit for a complete order. it's great.

That is amazing! 10% is a lot.

I lived in Lakewood when I first got married, and there is a grocery store there (NPGS - do they still do this?) that gives you 20% off each order for your first three months after you get married. It ended up being a ton off! You can bet I never shopped anywhere else those 3 months, and even afterwards, tried to only go there out of hakaras hatov unless someplace else was better out of convenience or significantly lower prices.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 12 2008, 5:41 pm
amother wrote:
I'm always careful to watch how the product is scanned. If the price it scans at is higher than the price indicated on the shelf, and you notice it, you get the product for free. It is a way to protect the consumer from fraudulent price policies. So know your prices and pay attention at the checkout.

Hmm,
won't work in crown heights, where half the stuff has no price on it! Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics