Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I just saw a mouse in my kitchen!!!!!!!!
1  2  Next

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 6:36 pm
Everyone else has gone to bed.

I'm the only one up.

I'm in the middle of cooking.

Waaaaaaaa

Help Help Help Help Help Help Help

(I'm a bit freaked out! Can you tell?!)

Falafel

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 6:48 pm
make sure to clean every crumb tonight!!!!
tomorrow get some glue traps and put them around/under the fridge, near the sink, etc.
and call an exterminator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hodaya

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 7:25 pm
If that happened to me I would not be the only one up anymore!

bbmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 7:27 pm
I really truly feel for you. Oy oy oy.

NativeMom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 8:08 pm
I saw a little field mouse the other night in my apartment. My DH wanted to set traps and kill it but I just can't see myself allowing that. I'd rather set up one of those humane traps and let it outside.

bashinda

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 8:24 pm
Unfortunately, cleanliness has nothing or very little to do with having mice. You can be very clean and have mice.

we also have mice since before Rosh Hashanah. I want my mommy.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 8:27 pm
maybe he wants a cookie & a glass of milk ... Mr. Green Drunken Smile

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 8:27 pm
AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

(Is it gone yet?)

Carefulmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 8:56 pm
I had mice and I once saw it run across my counter. I screamed and woke up my landlord who lives downstairs. I bought what was called a mouse hotel. You put in peanut butter the mouse smells it crawls in and the door closes. Of course I wouldn't touch it so the "HeMan" removed it. (I had a total of 5) It even ate and made on my nice challas that were in the oven cooling one night.........UGH.

In the end I got an exterminator...Make sure you look for the hole you think it came in and put in steel wool.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:01 pm
Another good reason to get a kitty cat!

bashinda

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:06 pm
I'd say next time my sis visits I'll have her bring one of her cats but IY"H we should be in a new place by then but it's a good idea. Maybe OP can rent a cat?

Last edited by bashinda on Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:11 pm
chocoholic - is that a random picture or your babies ... I'm in love - they're so cute *meow*

NativeMom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:12 pm
yeah its too bad I'm allergic to cats, they're so cute!

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Nov 13 2008, 9:30 pm
greenfire wrote:
chocoholic - is that a random picture or your babies ... I'm in love - they're so cute *meow*

I *wish* they were my babies. It's a random picture. But aren't they so adorable.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 2:00 pm
Did you hear about the segulah to hang up a picture of the keristeir rebbe and it kills the mice in your house? A chassid tried downloading the photo - but his mouse died ... Nervous

Mrs. XYZ

Post Fri, Nov 14 2008, 2:04 pm
greenfire wrote:
Did you hear about the segulah to hang up a picture of the keristeir rebbe and it kills the mice in your house? A chassid tried downloading the photo - but his mouse died ... Nervous

LOL

e1234

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 11:35 am
I had this problem a few years ago - After my husband stuck steel wool under the kitchen cabinets (where I saw them running to) b'h we have not seen since. I hate crawly things and uch.. mice..

A funny story is I came to E'Y to date my husband. We came back and got engaged. Now I didn't know my mother had a mouse problem while I was gone. So I'm engaged one day and I'm standing in the kitchen - my chosson near me and I see a mouse. Normally I would have screamed but being in the company I was (and just engaged one day) I controlled myself and calmly said - there is a mouse.
My husband took care of it. (I couldn't' believe my mother let him - I was very embarrassed but there was noone else in the house willing and he said he didn't care)

mummy-bh

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 1:51 pm
Thanks for all the replies.
On Thursday night, after I posted the above I just put all my cooking things away and went to bed. On the way I went into the lounge to get a bunch of wet laundry sitting on the couch that I had to take upstairs. As I entered the lounge I saw a creature LEAPING over the carpet!!!! Surprised shock I ran away ASAP!!!

Last night my hubby was sitting (alone - despite my warnings LOL ) on the couch learning. He came running upstairs to tell me he just saw two of them run past his feet.

He's out shopping as we speak, to buy some sonic repellents which a friend said were supposed to be quite effective. My MIL who lives next door (our houses adjoin so she will have the same problem as us) wants to get a cat .

TzenaRena

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 8:08 pm
I think those work for a while, but the effect wears off, and it's back to the way it was.

bashinda

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 8:08 pm
Leaping?? Leaping?!

Hatzlacha raba. I hope the sonic thing works. We've found ours and we'll see although perhaps we need to get two. Although why buy another one when IY"H we'll be moved out in a month or two.

We found two dead mice on Shabbos. This is becoming to be a disturbing trend as last Shabbos I found one as well. Here's the difference between my 5 year old DD and myself:

I open up the cabeinet under the sink and see dead mouse. I SHRIEK! DH who is eating his Shabbos meal graciously throws it out.

I'm sleeping, and DD decides to move the couch. She finds a dead mouse. She says calmly to her Tatty something like "oh there's a dead mouse."

Anyway, hatzlacha raba on your mice finding different homes!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics