Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Sydney Info

BinahYeteirah

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 2:35 pm
Does anyone know the name of the main Chabad shul in Sydney? Also, is there any kosher hotels in Sydney? I don't think there are, from my research, but I thuht I would check.

TIA!

grin

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 2:39 pm
http://www.chabad.org/centers/.....h.htm

things like that I always look up on chabad.org.

Mitzvahmom

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 2:45 pm
There is a Yeshiva and a shul call the Tzemach Tzedek

They are very nice..

Hotels I do not think so, there are a number of kosher restaurants, but I do not know if the lubavitch here eat at them. My husband is not so picky,but I know the Rabbi is.

let me know if u need numbers, my dh knows everyone in sydney. He grew up here..

BinahYeteirah

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 3:20 pm
grin wrote:
http://www.chabad.org/centers/default_cdo/city/Sydney/state/NSW/country/Australia/jewish/Chabad-Lubavitch.htm

things like that I always look up on chabad.org.

That is always helpful, but sometimes I can't figure out which is the "main" shul and which are "just" Chabad houses. I want to know where most of Chabadniks daven.

Atali

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 3:28 pm
There are two, the Yeshiva shul and the Tzemach Tzedek shul.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 7:28 pm
Okay, I'm getting nervous. We had a hotel all picked out and I thought it would be no problem to get a room since our stay there will be midweek. Nope. I've called a couple places, but no vacancies. Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced hotel/motel in the frum area? My Internet keeps going out. Maybe I can at least make this post before it quits on me again. TIA!

morkush

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 11:15 pm
Swiss Grande... Dunno how much it is, or how close it is (I think a decent walk), but the STUNNING view of the beach makes it all worth it!!

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 12:26 am
my dh says there is a place called Bondi Apartments, costs around $75 - $100 a night... is that reasonable?

If u need a number let me know asap, as we are leaving tomorrow IY"H around 3 pm (sydney time) back to LA

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 12:57 am
Mitzvahmom wrote:
my dh says there is a place called Bondi Apartments, costs around $75 - $100 a night... is that reasonable?

If u need a number let me know asap, as we are leaving tomorrow IY"H around 3 pm (sydney time) back to LA

That is very reasonable. I think I might have called that place already, but if it's not too hard to get the number, I could call and see. The one I called was something like "Bondi Ultimate Apartments", maybe that's something different. I don't know.

BinahYeteirah

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 1:03 am
morkush wrote:
Swiss Grande... Dunno how much it is, or how close it is (I think a decent walk), but the STUNNING view of the beach makes it all worth it!!

That one looks like a minimum of $250/night for us. I was hoping to find something cheaper. I will keep it in mind, though, so thanks!

BinahYeteirah

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 5:13 pm
Well, we ended up booking something outside the frum area, but oh well. Sydney here
I come!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 5:15 pm
Binah, before you go make sure to research what kind of food you can bring. they have very strict customs laws there, and you don't want to buy food for the trip and have to put most of it in quarantine.

BinahYeteirah

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 6:37 pm
I live in Australia, so customs is not an issue for me going into Sydney . I did have another thread here about bringing food into the US *from* Australia. Thanks!

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 6:43 pm
oops, sorry, didn't read your location Smile

morkush

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 11:27 pm
Enjoy the sunshine! But if you're coming from Melbourne, I guess you have it there also Smile

BinahYeteirah

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 1:28 pm
Thanks. It's very overcast here today, so not so much sunshine, but it is still relatively warm compared to how I imagine the US is right about now.

Atali

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 2:10 pm
It was snowing today over here. Your coming in the wrong season
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics