Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I'm having trouble with buying a Bra!!! Help!!
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 4:59 am
Okay.... I'm a 36 C.
I need a really good bra, which will lift my breasts and give them a nice shape.

Almost every bra I try on, I have the same problem with. Basically, it makes my breasts almost "spill" out.
and the result, is it makes it look like I have 4 breasts!!!!!!!!
I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I think if I would wear very open shirts, (which I don't,) then if the very low neckline of the shirt would land exactly where the bra line is, it would look just perfect. HOWEVER, as I only wear high necklines, it looks really bad through the shirts/sweaters.)

What should I do???

P.S. I've been to VS, and fitted. I spent a loooong time trying lots of bras on. In the end I walked out of there empty handed and in tears of frustration. as I couldn't find something that made me look normal...

chanchy123

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:08 am
Are you sure this is your size?
If you can't find anything in the size you think you are, try a diffrent size (go up one cup size). It doesn't hurt just to try it on.

Ima'la

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:11 am
Yeah, sounds to me like maybe you should try a 36D.
Maybe try getting fitted somewhere else? Get recommendations first. (Don't mean to say VS is not good - I have no experience with them. But from their reputation - maybe they think spilling out is a good thing?)

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:27 am
go to saposh, they are supposed to fit well. (if you live in brooklyn) or a dept store with good fitters.

Bambamama

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:32 am
Yes, mazel tov, I think you're a 36D! Or possibly a 34D? If your breasts are spilling out of your bra, that would mean the cup size is too small. I saw an Oprah a while back that said women frequently make the mistake of upping the number, when really they should go up a cupsize. Maybe the woman fitting you at VS didn't know what she was doing.

daamom

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 5:35 am
Usually, when I have the "spilling out" problem, it means it's time for the next cup size (for ex. when I'm pregnant and growing, etc)
So I guess I'm just repeating what chanchya and Imala are saying.
Also, don't go for the low-cut styles (demi-bra), rather one with full coverage. But it must be a large enough cup size to cover the whole area that it's meant to, or you will have "spillage".
I've also had very good experiences with Saposh, and have found VS not great in fitting me.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 6:42 am
I had the spilling out problem in the beginning of my last pregnancy, and I changed bras because of it and now I am hooked. Its a certain "look" according to the girl at Neiman Marcus who fitted me, although when I look in the mirror wearing a sweater I dont see much of a difference. Maybe if I was wearing tank tops and low cut shirts, I would notice a difference. Either way I was about a 34DD/36C then (6 mo pregnant), but have now gone back to a 34 D and am absolutely in love with the bra and got it in the 34D.
http://www.laurensilva.com/Le_.....5.htm

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 9:16 am
If your in the US, Intimacy does the best fittings. They are in NYC, Chicago, Boston & other large cities. check myintimacy.com. She has been on Oprah many times. (I think that is suppose to be a good Haskama).
One of my DD's is very hard to fit, 32J, and she was able to get a good fitting there.

Barbara

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:06 am
amother wrote:
Okay.... I'm a 36 C.
I need a really good bra, which will lift my breasts and give them a nice shape.

Almost every bra I try on, I have the same problem with. Basically, it makes my breasts almost "spill" out.
and the result, is it makes it look like I have 4 breasts!!!!!!!!
I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNIP

As others have said,if the bras are giving you quadra-breasts, then they don't fit. Go to another store for a fitting. You'll be happy you did.

Money-saving hint -- once you know your size, and have selected one or two styles you like, try buying on ebay (where I can often find new bras at 1/2 price) or discounters such as Daffy's (which often has La Mystere, mentioned by someone else here).

amother

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:45 am
VS is wrong!
They had me as a 34C, but I am a 34DD (literally I am 32DDD- but the end of the day it kills my ribcage and 34DD is hard enough to find). Most of VS's bras dont fit my shape no matter what size. Try another store with many different brands.

pomegranate

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:47 am
I also tried on million bras. the problem is that #1. I am in between sizes now #2. one side is bigger than the other. I went to saposh and tried on about seven- eight ones - different sizes, different companies. Nothing fitted really well - only the Chantelle fitted nicely but I only bought one and it was sixty dollars.

sv9506

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 11:00 am
VS bras never fit me right, they just don't provide the support that I need.

Whenever I get fitted, they tell me I am a certain size and I know for a fact that that size does not fit me well (I will spill out), so I say okay and try it on for them and then they see that I need a larger size!! LOL

Saposh measured me great, and found the bras that were good on my body. I tried on a bunch (the same size fits differently for each brand and for each bra style). I have one type of bra that I love now and it was worth the $60(?) that I paid for each of them (I bought a bunch). A bra really puts together your whole outfit. If your bra doesn't fit well, then it really ruins your outfit so it is definitely something to invest in.

Mommy3.5

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:41 pm
You need to buy a bra where the cup comes up high. Anything else will make you spill out.

Health is a Virture

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 4:06 am
In addition to getting sized right, the place should also mend the bra to make it fit you properly. My size doesn't really exist and so the bras that have always fit me the best were ones that they made darts/and or made other sewing alterations. There is a great store in New Square!!

As for them telling you what size you are, I get the same thing. They say I'm one size and really I'm another. I think it has to do with the fact that I am not a typical 34-40 size.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 8:57 am
Intimacy in NYC does great fitting & free alterations. Also they won't sell you something unless it really fits. I often have problems with sales ladies in other stores telling me something fits when it doesn't. I didn'y find that in Intamacy. They would rather send you home empty handed than with an ill fitting bra. One caveat, since you may change sizes slightly throughout the month, you may want to shop when you are PMSing, since you will be slightly larger then. That little extra may cause the spilling during PMS.
Also, washing the bra incorrectly can cause enough shrinkage to give the four-breast look.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 9:32 am
Is this place Intimacy also for smaller chested women, ie 32 C? also what are the price ranges?

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 11:29 am
I am 34D and found this Bra by Va Bien...I really love it. It makes me look great.I tried alot of bras already and would stick to this now. Try it!

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:33 pm
Sounds like you need a full cup bra. Stay away from the demis if you have that problem.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:49 pm
I thought I was a C cup but I was really an E cup!
I usually get a 34E but should probably get a 32E. One saleswoman said, "There is no 32E - that wouldn't be proportionate." (Excuse me? It's my proportion!)
I can't buy bras online. I have to try on the style.
It's so worth spending good money on a good bra.

Maya

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:55 pm
pomegranate wrote:
I also tried on million bras. the problem is that #1. I am in between sizes now #2. one side is bigger than the other. I went to saposh and tried on about seven- eight ones - different sizes, different companies. Nothing fitted really well - only the Chantelle fitted nicely but I only bought one and it was sixty dollars.
What can be done with a bra if one breast is bigger than the other? I have that problem too.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics