Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I'm having trouble with buying a Bra!!! Help!!
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:44 am
is there anything to do to get a bra size down?
I literally can't find clothing as everything is tight by my breasts and it is so annoying.

sympa

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:58 am

Last edited by sympa on Tue, Apr 12 2011, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Isramom8

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:58 am
amother wrote:
is there anything to do to get a bra size down?
I literally can't find clothing as everything is tight by my breasts and it is so annoying.

Surgery or losing weight - probably nothing else. Finding larger clothing would probably be less complicated.

I know a woman who had a cosmetic reduction. I think a shaila may have to be asked. It's likely risky and painful, with temporary and permanent side effects.

mali

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:31 am
you can shop online at one hanes place. their fitting technique is great, and once you have your size, you can shop according to size. they have a nice variety even for the harder-to-find sizes. look for online coupons before you put your order through because their s&h charges are high and you can usually find a coupon to reduce that.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:58 am
[quote="Isramom8"]
amother wrote:

One of my DD's is very hard to fit, 32J, quote]

Wow, if you don't mind my asking, is she okay with that? Do kids tease? From what age was she a J? You're a great mom for getting her fitted properly.

She went from a training bra to 32J within 2 years, at age 14-15. (She is 19 now).She is not embarrassed by it and she never mentioned being teased by it. In a way I wish she was embarrassed by her size, so perhaps she would wear tops that are oversized and loose. I need to get all her tops altered as her shoulders are narrow and she is short and without the a;terations everything looks like a potatoe sack on her..
I talked to her about reduction surgery and she said she would only do it, if I wanted her to do it. She herself is happy with the way G-d made her. Her pediatrician said no doc would do surgery unless she wants it done for heself.
Her bras run about $90 each. I think they are designed by an aeronautical engineer Smile .

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:06 am
bras have to be tried on
minimizers flatten you

and to the amother with the large busted child - doesn't it hurt her back - I once spoke to s/o whose teen dd minimized surgically for health reasons ...

RedTwizzler

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 5:16 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
amother wrote:
A little OT, but does anyone know if there is any health danger when one side is larger than the other?

I was led to understand that all women are diproportionate, but some women are more so than others.

Oh and as Twizzler so eloquently said (and said and said and said) Bali bras are great and supportive I highly recommend to anyone who has a big cup size (even with fairly small band sizes).

Sorry abt the repeating! It wasn't going through and It seems It actually did...Is there a way to delete it?

sky

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
I have not had a good bra in years. Where in lakewood can I find a good store that will fit me?

Taffi on 2nd street. They fit you and do alterations for free (like darts, adjusting straps, and converting bras to nursing).

amother

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:28 pm
greenfire wrote:
bras have to be tried on
minimizers flatten you

and to the amother with the large busted child - doesn't it hurt her back - I once spoke to s/o whose teen dd minimized surgically for health reasons ...

She says her back doesn't hurt, but it is uncomfortable for her to run laps, but not uncomfortable enuf to go under the knife.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
bras have to be tried on
minimizers flatten you

I know someone who was miserable for years and finally went under the knife after she was married with children already and wondered why she never did it earlier. I have a friend (from school, not that close) who is very large on top and I think she is uncomfortable. I wish I felt close enough to suggest it to her.

Tzippora

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:41 pm
[quote="amother"]
Isramom8 wrote:
amother wrote:

Wow, if you don't mind my asking, is she okay with that? Do kids tease? From what age was she a J? You're a great mom for getting her fitted properly.

She went from a training bra to 32J within 2 years, at age 14-15. (She is 19 now).She is not embarrassed by it and she never mentioned being teased by it. In a way I wish she was embarrassed by her size, so perhaps she would wear tops that are oversized and loose. I need to get all her tops altered as her shoulders are narrow and she is short and without the a;terations everything looks like a potatoe sack on her..
I talked to her about reduction surgery and she said she would only do it, if I wanted her to do it. She herself is happy with the way G-d made her. Her pediatrician said no doc would do surgery unless she wants it done for heself.
Her bras run about $90 each. I think they are designed by an aeronautical engineer Smile .

I can relate, almost - I'm a 30F and I was a 32G until a couple of months ago. I did a similar thing - went from a B to a D in one summer, to a DD/DDD by the next. On her behalf, I would like to thank you for altering her cloths that she can wear things that fit her. I have some minor back pain, but I do run. I wear one bra over the other to flatten and hold in place.

My message to DD - hold out for the surgery until after you have your kids. Then insurance will pay for it and you'll have better... ahem... aerodynamics than ever before! Twisted Evil

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 5:35 am
sky thank you

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 8:53 am
I NEVER run lol

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 8:55 am
Tzippora,
Thanks for your advice and Chizuk. I found it very helpful, since I used to get teased that I was a "perfect 36.....12-12-12".

Tzippora

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 9:45 am
amother wrote:
Tzippora,
Thanks for your advice and Chizuk. I found it very helpful, since I used to get teased that I was a "perfect 36.....12-12-12".

Maybe it's that I just woke up - but I don't get the 12-12-12 joke Smile But advice and chizuk you can have anytime!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 12:59 pm
You must be very young. In the olde days, a perfect figure was 36-24-36. (bust-waist-hips). Since I was extreemly skinny and flat. I was called a perfect 36, 12+12+12 (bust-waist-hips). LOL

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 12:40 am
Try Wacoal. (seamless one) They are really great. amazing minimizer. (I'm a 36D)
In the past I have tried: Edith Lance, Bali...but Wacoal is still the best of them all.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 9:49 am
[quote="amother"]
Isramom8 wrote:
amother wrote:

I think it can interfere with breastfeeding
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics