Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food near Parcippany, NJ?

pappymom

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 10:49 pm
Dh and I are going to a hotel in Parcippany, NJ for a night. Anyone have info on restaurants anwhere near there? TIA!

JC

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 11:29 pm
pappymom wrote:
Dh and I are going to a hotel in Parcippany, NJ for a night. Anyone have info on restaurants anwhere near there? TIA!

Will you have a car? You are close to Livingston and West Orange NJ there are restaurants there. We lived close by in Morristown. There is/was a small orthodox community in Parsippany, dont know what size it is now.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 12:43 am
We stayed in the Embassy suites in Parsippany a couple of times (once when we moved to NJ and once when we moved out) and ate in Livingston (Pizza) and West Orange (Chinese). It's about a 15 minute drive when there's no traffic. There is also plenty of kosher food in the supermarkets, if you want to save $$$.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:40 am
I don't know if there is currently kosher chinese...I thought it might have closed, but that was as of a year or so ago.

There is a pizza place called Jerusalem on Rt 10 (or again there was as of a year ago). Their food is CY, PY, but they sell manufactured products which may not be, so if that is important to you, just be aware.

There was a place in an office building across from Kushner Hebrew Academy on near Livingston Mall. I never went there though and don't know the pratim of the kashrus and types of food served.

There is a shoprite in w. orange that may have some prepared foods and a large kosher selection...I think they even have/had sushi--and so did that pizza place I mentioned above.

Enjoy your night out!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:47 am
If OP needs any recent info, she can PM me. My DH is visiting there now and can get all the answers.
This is the kosher chinese http://www.chopstixusa.com/main.html. It doesn't say that it closed, so I assume it's still open.
The pizza store, which would be the closest eatery to Parsippany, is Jerusalem West. You can get all sorts of pizza, calzone type food there, along with soup and some other dishes, plus sushi.
The West Orange Shoprite had (in my time) grilled chickens, deli, salads and sushi all ready to go. I am not sure what the situation is now, but I can ask if you are interested.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:49 am
you're right abotu the chinese, I was thinking of another restaurant that closed!

Tamiri

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 6:58 am
Fat Paulis in Livingston closed a while ago. Chopstix was some other name etc. but for some reason - it's till around. I think Moshavi in Livingston also closed.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 8:21 am
There is a kosher Subway in Livingston. The pizza shop there is also really good and has all kinds of dishes...fish, salads, soups, sushi etc. There are also 2 Shoprites with large kosher departments. One in Livingston and one in West Orange. I think they both have kosher delis, although I know for sure the one in West Orange does. They have really good rotisserie chicken.

pappymom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:17 am
Thanks everyone! And while we're on the topic, does anyone know what there is to do do around there?

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:24 am
pappymom wrote:
Thanks everyone! And while we're on the topic, does anyone know what there is to do do around there?

What kind of things are you looking to do?

There's lots of shopping around there.

pappymom

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:32 am
where is there a nice mall near there?

Tamiri

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:33 am
There's the Thomas Edison house in West Orange.
And NYC just about an hour away Very Happy

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Nov 25 2008, 10:44 am
I think Short Hills mall is the nicer of malls in the area....I'm nto a mall expert, but that's what it sounded like to me when I lived there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics