Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Doesn't anyone own a washer anymore?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

PIP

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:44 am
I have the LG front loader and I'm in love with it. The clothes come out practically dry, it locks the door during a cycle- but you can stop it in the middle. It has a prewash dispenser (for oxy clean powder) It uses VERY little detergent (only HE) Has many presets, senses the load and water level so you don't have to. There's a steamwash cycle where you can put your dry cleaning in a mesh bag to freshen them up if you can't get to the cleaners. (GREAT!)
The dryer, senses how wet the clothes are so every drying cycle is different depending on how many clothes are in there. (My towels were dry in 30 min!) You need to clean the filter EVERY DAY no joke. The amount of lint that accumulates its crazy!

One thing about FL, you need to keep the door open when not in use otherwise your machine may build up a mildew smell. Otherwise, I love it! Wouldn't get any other machine.

I THINK this is it- we bought it a little over a year ago-
http://www.homedepot.com/webap.....08615

Starhavah

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:49 am
imaamy wrote:
Mine is OK. I would probably buy it if I had to do over again because it uses less energy/water. What I don't like is that you cannot stop the cycle a little early. If it says 1 more minute, it could be 3 and the door is locked. I wish I had the pedestal too because I have to bend way over to empty it.

I have a front loader and I think it cleans better than the top loaders, I love it. However ImaAmy is right, the two biggest drawbacks to them are (1) you cannot interrupt the cycle, so if you drop a sock on the way to the washer or the kids drop a pair of underwear down the laundry chute just after you start the cycle you are SOL, no adding it to the load. (2) I wish mine were up on a pedestal since I have to bend over to load it.

Star Havah

Zahava

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:50 am
I have a neurotic question.

Does anyone besides me ever worry that a child might climb in and get locked in Ch'v? Is there no way to open it once a cycle starts? I know it's obscure, but we hear these stories of children climbing into empty freezers and dryers every now and again.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:57 am
Zahava wrote:

Does anyone besides me ever worry that a child might climb in and get locked in Ch'v? Is there no way to open it once a cycle starts? I know it's obscure, but we hear these stories of children climbing into empty freezers and dryers every now and again.

now that would be a fright ... you would probably need another kid to turn it on for that to happen ... I should think

but um I've gone into freezers & dryers and I consider myself smart ... you merely need an accomplice ... Twisted Evil

octopus

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 12:02 pm
it's in my basement which is locked. When my basement is in usable, playable condition, we will separate the washer/dryer into a separate closet with a lock.

PIP

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 12:18 pm
The machine only locks when someone turns on a cycle. If someone were turning on a cycle, I'd assume they would notice a human inside the machine.
(by the way, my washer you can add clothes in the middle of the load. There is a pause button where the machine unlocks and you can add stuff. I do it all the time)

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 12:22 pm
http://www.news-sentinel.com/a.....70303

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 12:23 pm
Zahava wrote:

Well, since the day last week when I took my son with me to the laundry room and let him walk around to "help me" and he climbed into every single empty front-loader, maybe a drop...
But I can't see him getting himself locked in and having the machine start. That would have to mean there's another kid involved.
But, I am pretty sure you can open the front loaders in my building once they start.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 12:28 pm
kids can play with buttons you know ... so while one kid climbs in ... the other starts the machine ... by the time an adult comes and can't even open it ... now I would be scared ...

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 1:15 pm
I unplug the machine when not in use.

Zahava

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 3:07 pm
greenfire wrote:
kids can play with buttons you know ... so while one kid climbs in ... the other starts the machine ... by the time an adult comes and can't even open it ... now I would be scared ...

Exactly my fear.

grin

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 3:14 pm
greenfire wrote:
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080927/NEWS01/809270303
how frightening. I'm glad my kids are older by now.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 3:18 pm
grin wrote:
greenfire wrote:
http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/SE/20080927/NEWS01/809270303
how frightening. I'm glad my kids are older by now.

me too ... although I don't have a front loader anyways ...

GAMZu

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 6:54 pm
My kids love to open my top loader in middle to check inside, and I am terrified that they can lose their balance and fall in... into the water and not be able to right themselves. Surprised

I used to have a latch, but the kids are old enough to break through those things by now.

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:47 pm
ok, let me explain, I DON'T have a choice, I can only get a front loader, please open a diff thread on its safety. I'm appealing to all members who actually own a front loader 2 speak up and tell me models and experiences. thanks loads!

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:52 pm
I'll have to check the model, I'm very happy with it. it's a one piece stackable, dryer included, but you could find the separate model I'm sure.

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:58 pm
r u talking about the speed queen?

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:59 pm
dainty diva wrote:
ok, let me explain, I DON'T have a choice, I can only get a front loader, please open a diff thread on its safety. I'm appealing to all members who actually own a front loader 2 speak up and tell me models and experiences. thanks loads!

what do you have a dozen kids that you need 2 washer & an appeal ... we answered how we saw fit ... or ignored as we saw fit ... only you can make the ultimate choice ...

ROFL

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:20 pm
I have a front loader too-- it came from my parents home when they sold it a few years back -- so I can't tell you what the name brand is but it has to be 5- 7 years old.
as the other posters said a base for it would be great because it is very low and there is lots of bending= so spend the money on one

if I just started the machine and I find an item that has to go it I turn off the cycle then I can open the door and toss it in -- if I am quick the water does not flows out

I have an issue that I have found socks and small items in the rubber gasket by the door (on the inside of the washer by the glass in the door) so now I make it a point to just check the gasket whenever I empty a load !

Hatzlacha and enjoy your new machine Smile

anonymom

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:05 pm
I have a GE Profile. It is high efficiency and high capacity, but loads from the top. It's easy to use and everything, but I can't say my clothes get so clean. Still trying to figure out what detergent is good for it.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics