Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Doesn't anyone own a washer anymore?
Previous  1  2  3

grin

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 1:50 am
dainty diva wrote:
ok, let me explain, I DON'T have a choice, I can only get a front loader, please open a diff thread on its safety. I'm appealing to all members who actually own a front loader 2 speak up and tell me models and experiences. thanks loads!
actually, my kids reminded me that my model even comes with a child-safety locking feature. see if you can look into that also.

imaamy

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 9:27 am
I should clarify: I can open mine (Frigidaire) the first couple of minutes to add something. Once it is full of water, it will not open, and I'm thankful for that! If you do open it while filling, it will drip some water on the floor. At the END of the cycle, you cannot stop it a minute early. It might say on the display it has 1 min left, but that is an estimate. It goes til it senses the water is out. It has been really 3 more min when it says 1. It spins sl o w l y in one direction then the other. How do I know? If I'm trying to get out the door, I'm stuck staring at it while it finishes "one" minute. In my old top loader, I'd switch it to off, clothes basically just damp, and throw the load in the dryer then leave. I have no control over this machine at the end of cycle!

GAMZu

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 10:30 am
imaamy, the longer it spins, the more water is squeezed out. If you stop it in middle and throw it into the dryer, you will spend much more energy drying the load (and more $, as a result) and I imagine it will overtax the dryer to do this regularly.

Raisin

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 10:56 am
Zahava wrote:
I have a neurotic question.

Does anyone besides me ever worry that a child might climb in and get locked in Ch'v? Is there no way to open it once a cycle starts? I know it's obscure, but we hear these stories of children climbing into empty freezers and dryers every now and again.

that actually happened to my mothers cat, with a dryer. BDE. Sad

GAMZu

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 12:38 pm
Raisin, that's so sad. Sad
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics