Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Purim theme ideas
1  2  Next

Ronit

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 4:20 pm
I know some people think I'm nuts - but I am thinking of purim. I would like to sew costumes to match my theme. Any good ideas? I love to do these things, but don't like when it's last minute....

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 4:29 pm
I don't really know what you can do, but I can tell you what we're doing. I make a theme with costumes, but not with the shaloch manos. We're going to be community workers this year. We usually decide on Purim what we're going to be for the next year Wink .

Clarissa

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 6:43 pm
I hope you're talking about Purim 2010, because most of us have already completed the prep for 2009 and are well into next year's Purim.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 6:59 pm
The flinestones - rock candy
The man with the yellow hat and curios George - banana and yellow food in a yellow hat
bees and honey cake.

I don't do themes. I do whatever is easiest the week before purim.

mali

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:13 pm
the kids can be dreidels or candles and put latkes and chocolate coins in the shalach monos. make sure you check expiration dates before packing the stuff and include a poem about everything being ready in time for chanukah.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:19 pm
I was waiting for the snarky remarks.
I wonder why some people are so bothered by this? (this happens every year.)

mali

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:23 pm
bothered? I find this rather entertaining! btw, we did actually get a chanukah-themed shalach monos one year, with the whole megillah botched up about antiyochus and what not. it was pretty cute.

Twizzlers

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:37 pm
hey, I've been thinking about purim for a while already (Gamzu, dont make me leave the forum for that)
post-halloween is the best time to get cheap costumes, so I bought one for one of my kids already. sorry, I cant give you my idea for this year cuz its a secret and I have relatives around here, but in previous years we were: mr. and mrs. potato head and gave out a pot. kugel and some other potatoey stuff
magicians, and ds was the bunny and gave out in a black hat trix, magic wand (laffy taffy) and I forget what else
firemen, and ds was the firedog

came out quite cute actually Wink

Clarissa

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:39 pm
Mrs. X, I'm not bothered at all. Actually, it always makes me smile. Except for the very early Pesach posts -- they just stress me out. Purim I don't worry about so much.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:40 pm
mali wrote:
bothered? I find this rather entertaining! btw, we did actually get a chanukah-themed shalach monos one year, with the whole megillah botched up about antiyochus and what not. it was pretty cute.

I wasn't davka talking about your post, (I thought it was cute). Just as soon as I read the thread title my first reaction was "ok how many teasing and sarcastic comments are we gonna have?"

bebe3

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:40 pm
oh man there are so many things you can do.

-Hawaiian theme. dress up in hula skirts and leis and make pineapple kugels and give macadamia nuts.
-Chinese theme. Dress up in silk kimonos and give rice kugel and green tea and another brocha cuz I'm not sure what rice is.
-Dutch girls. Dress up in flowered skirts and wear clogs. Give out baskets with hand molded chocolate flowers and cookies.
-Shabbos theme. Dress up for shabbos and give challas and dips.
-be homeless people and give out shalach manos in shopping bags

Let me know if you need anymore....

Clarissa

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:44 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
mali wrote:

I wasn't davka talking about your post, (I thought it was cute). Just as soon as I read the thread title my first reaction was "ok how many teasing and sarcastic comments are we gonna have?"
Uh-oh. That makes me the Snarketta in question. I really was kidding.

mali

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:45 pm
I actually don't remember getting such a good laugh here in a while, clarissa.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:49 pm
oh clarissa I thought your was cute too (like all your posts). Tongue Out
We havent heard from shalhevet yet Wink I know this is a pet peeve of hers.

mali

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:51 pm
I was gonna pm her to go read clarissa's post here. she'll appreciate it.

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:56 pm
Wow I finally am in good company! My purim is always planned the purim b4, pesach is cooked by rosh choidesh, and my friends always tease ithat my cheese cakes 4 shevuos would have been baked in advance if not 4 pesach! Anyway, what r we talking? girls, boys, ages?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:08 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
I was waiting for the snarky remarks.
I wonder why some people are so bothered by this? (this happens every year.)

Ok, so who made a snarky remark? The only ones who made a joke, which was funny and that's what it was meant to be was, Mali and Clarissa, and you said, those aren't the ones you were talking about.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:02 pm
I made a picnic theme last year and my kids were pooh, piglet, tiger and wrote a cute poem about it.

Another year they were nurse, police, and fireman and we made a safety community theme basket with adorable cute safety sayings on a paper thrown in too.

When ds was a baby it was pooh and a honey theme.

Check out the purim board-lots of cute ideas there. I always like to plan ahead bec. it's fun.

dainty diva

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:41 pm
yeah, y just celebrate one day? We think of purim all year and really enjoy it!
nd

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Nov 27 2008, 1:28 am
I'm due a week after Purim... so I have NO idea what we're doing...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics