Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Hachlata (Tova) thread, in addition to the learning thread

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:14 pm
I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can post about an extra mitzvah we are going to do now as a result of the terrorist acts in India that has all affected us so much since Wednesday.

I realize many people out there are doing extra things and might not want to post about it. I just thought it would be nice to see how many more good deeds are being done in the zechus of the people who died al kiddush Hashem.

The point is to show Hashem that we really really do want Moshiach now, not tomorrow, and that our actions show it, not just our words.

As for myself, I'll admit that I haven't yet thought of an appropriate hachlata, but I davened this morning for the first time in a very long time ( embarrassed ). I hope to continue.

I'm also trying very hard to be a more patient person.

I'm hoping someone or someones continue/s this thread so I don't feel like a dummy putting myself out there for nothing. LOL

Bambamama

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:20 pm
I think it's a great idea. I think I'm also going to get more serious about davening. I felt almost like a "fair-weathered friend" to Hashem, davening and saying Tehillim suddenly when we're in trouble, but what about the rest of the time? Sorry to steal your hachlata. Confused LOL

creativemommyto3

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:24 pm
I want to make a hachlata Tova to try to have more bitachon that Hash-m will taking care of me in the hard finacial times.

octopus

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:43 pm
for me shmiras halashon is very hard. I am bli neder going to take on a machsom l'fi (time slot where I will not speak l'h).

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:44 pm
I am bli neder learning at least one page from Kuntras HaAvoda each day for 30 days. I'm on day three already (this was supposed to be "in merit of" and not "in memory of" resolution) and so far it's going well.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 1:56 pm
Our Beit Chabad has added 3 new classes each week as well as now having weekly Friday Shabbat dinners open to all.

sarahd

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 2:28 pm
I would like (beli neder, a very big beli neder because I have made this hachlata a few times already) to begin again to finish tehillim each month. I was thinking that over the two days of this tragedy I was somehow able to make time for plenty of tehillim. Maybe if I find the time all by myself, Hashem won't need to "force" me to find time.'

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 2:34 pm
The kedoshim were masters in elevating the level of FOOD. I heard they served guests 3 meals a day after each minyan. They prepared everything themselves even down to the shechting. Not only that, but R' Gavi a'h gave divrei Torah by each meal. So, through many mitzvot including hachnasat orchim, kashrut, limud Torah, the Holtzbergs elevated seemingly everyday ordinary food day in and day out.

It is my hachlata, with Hashem's help, to elevate my food by being more careful and makpid in saying brachot before and after eating.

Wishing all of us much hatzlacha!!!!

TheBeinoni

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 3:00 pm
I would just like to add that on top of our beautiful hachlatot (that we would all be successful in, Please G-d), we should keep in mind the simplest yet most elusive thing of all: ACTS of GOODNESS and KINDNESS.

Is it not remarkable and so poignant that the Lubavitcher Rebbe obm always encouraged us (read: all people of the world, not just Jews, not just frum Jews, but EVERY HUMAN BEING ON THIS EARTH) to increase even just a little bit in our acts of goodness and kindness. He said THIS was what Mashiach was waiting for. Not extra Tehillim. Not extra Tznius hiddurim. Of course, I do not mean to belittle these incredibly important mitzvot, but at the end of the day, we need to always remember:

ACTS of GOODNESS and KINDNESS

When we love others, we are loving ourselves and Hashem. Everyone has a piece of Hashem in his or her neshama. When we love others, and by love I mean treating them with goodness and kindness, we are in turn loving the Holtzbergs. We are all connected through our neshamot to each other and to Hashem.

This is from many, many years ago, but still just as relevant. Clearly we have not accomplished the Rebbe's directives as much as we should, otherwise we'd be sitting in Yerushalayim with the Beit Hamikdash right now....

avigailmiriam

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 4:02 pm
Getting back to serious work on my (appalling) Hebrew reading skills.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Nov 30 2008, 5:16 pm
since I am a bit lax sometimes in this, I want to be makpid on putting negel vasser next to my bed every evening.

meirav

Post Mon, Dec 01 2008, 2:48 am
I saw this thread and decided to stop and bench from my breakfast, instead of pushing it off until I get off the computer, and then it can be too late.

gryp

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 7:54 pm
I thought I should post this link here:
http://www.chabad.org/special/.....o.htm

3959 new Mitzvos taken on in memory of the Holtzbergs.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:11 pm
I'm learning with a friend of mine once a week. She's single and has a lot of free time, and I know that especially since my first kid was born she wishes I'd be available more. She was really happy when I asked if she'd learn with me - and to tell you the truth, so was I!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 03 2008, 9:26 pm
I am in the midst of working on things, but will do one of those with thier memory in mind..

gryp

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:20 am
GR wrote:
I thought I should post this link here:
http://www.chabad.org/special/.....o.htm

3959 new Mitzvos taken on in memory of the Holtzbergs.

They're up to 7,943!

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 9:45 am
B"H
IN memory of both the Holtzbergs HY"d and my son Shloimie A"H whose 9th Yartzheit is today. I take on an hachlata of being consistent in my Tzedaka giving even if only a small amount.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational