Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Brushing your childs teeth
1  2  Next

raizy

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 1:43 pm
do u brush your child teeth?and what age do u start.

I find it such a chore to brush everyone teeth. it also doesnt help that my 22 month old walks away with all the toothbrushes....

tport

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 1:52 pm
Yes, at night. I start a little under 2 yrs old- although my 20 month old doesn't really cooperate. She does like to eat the toothpaste though.

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 2:01 pm
I hold the child on my lap to brush their teeth (facing me, with their legs around my waist sort of). I also started keeping the toothbrushes in the medicine cabinet so the kids don't take them. 8) We don't brush every night but I'm trying, it's a very good habit to get them into.

shoy18

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 2:11 pm
I started brushing when my son had his first two teeth, he got them pretty late around a 13 months. I bought baby orajel with a little brush that goes on your finger, my son loves it I think bec it tastes like strawberry

ElTam

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 2:17 pm
We started with DD at about 18 months. I will start sooner with next one.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 3:59 pm
I'm embarrassed to say that although take excellent care of my own teeth, I am terrible at remembering to brush my kids. My eldest remembers at night BH. Now I just jhave to get into the habit of doing the other 2. At least I HAVE toothrushes for them though.

goldrose

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 5:51 pm
yes, I have to work pretty hard at remembering, too! I recently told my sis that I got my kids toothbrushes, and remembered to brush three times so far....but not in a row! lol we're getting better at it, especially because the kids like it.

shaina punim

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 6:00 pm
I try brushing my kids teeth but its a hole fight so when I have patiencs I brush there teeth asnd when I dont have patience I dont, I started at 2 years old

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Jan 18 2006, 6:30 pm
Also, I made a sticker chart for the older two, more for my sake than theirs, because they'll remind me to brush their teeth so they get a sticker for it. LOL

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 4:38 am
my 2 year old will not open her mouth. what do I do?

imanut

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 10:38 am
my 20 month old clamps her teeth down on the brush; it's a pain, but it's very important so I try to do it every night.

ButterflyGarden

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 10:46 am
BS"D
My daughter is 4 months old. Every night with her bath I quickly wipe down her gums with a soft, wet cloth. She's getting used to it, and I'm getting in the habit of doing it. When she actually has teeth to brush, the transition will not be so bad (I hope, IY"H).

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 10:50 am
The sticker chart is a good idea. I also need it more for me than for the kids. I guess I should get a prize at the end, no? Actually, the prize would be no dental bills.

zigi

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 2:07 pm
no dental bills is a great prize! my son likes to play with water at the sink so I try to brush his teeth then, he also tries to do it! I have to make it into a habit though!

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 2:37 pm
I started when my son was about 8 months, he likes 'brushing' his teeth now.

Jewish mama, maybe if you brush your teeth in front of her, eventually she'll copy you.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Jan 19 2006, 9:50 pm
my son is 18 months old. don't remember when I started (before age 1), but when I remember this is what I do --
put a little toothpaste on the toothbrush and first I brush his teeth and then I let him have the toothbrush (which is usually sucks). He enjoys it!

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 1:12 am
I brush their teeth when they are taking a bath. they have plenty of water there. and they love to brush their teeth.

but it is a chore to find all the toothbrushes all over the toys room... if I want a toothbrush to last I hide it from my kids.

ektsm

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 9:39 pm
The dentist told me to brush their teeth until they are old enough to brush them properly. Before I do that I give them a couple of minutes to do it and I just do the finishing touches.

mumztheword

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 9:46 pm
I use an electric t/b for my daughter. She loves it. It's more interesting for the kids and goes much quicker. I've been brushing her teeth since she was 2.

ektsm

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 8:25 pm
That's great. I should get one for my children. they might be more inclined to brush their teeth. Thanks for the advice.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics