Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Going to florida

ffbmom

Post Tue, Dec 02 2008, 6:38 pm
Going to Miami for winter break. I need:
- a car. Where do I get one cheap?
- any fun or interesting things to do and see during winter break?
- Great restaurants?
- good shopping?

MiamiMommy

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 7:59 am
Hi! What area will you be in?

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 8:08 am
When you book your plane ticket, you should try and see if there's a deal if you book a car rental with it. Many times you can get good deals that way.

There are so many great restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area.

Cafe Emuna has delicious sushi, and it's a very interesting, trendy place.

I can't remember their names, but we went to two different Thai places when we were in Florida, I think one was in the Miami area, and it was delicious.

cookielady

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 9:25 am
Enterprise has very good rates often.
If you are going with children Parrot Jungle, now called something else, I forgot, is great.
Museum of Science and Discovery, also great.
Duck tours, in Miami Beach and Ft. Lauderdale are alot of fun.
Water taxi is a nice ride and you can get off and on at different places.
Boating is nice, esp this time of year.
Sawgrass MIlls Mall is nice as long as don't mind walking.
Aventura Mall is very nice.
Bayside in Miami also nice.
As far as restaurants looking online will show you what there is. You may want to call places first since places come and go.
Airboats are interesting but very noisy so little children may not like it.

shoy18

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 10:51 am
DefyGravity wrote:

I can't remember their names, but we went to two different Thai places when we were in Florida, I think one was in the Miami area, and it was delicious.

thai treats?

also china bistro is really good its in the waterways also a nice little area to walk around.

yersp

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 10:54 am
delete

Last edited by yersp on Thu, Jan 22 2009, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Butterfly

Post Fri, Dec 05 2008, 11:56 am
In Miami Beach there is a ferry boat ride called The Millionaires Row. The boat leaves from across the Fountain Blue hotel which is located on Collins av. and 45th st. The ride is very enjoyable and relaxing. The views are breathtaking throughout the entire ride. You can also sit out on the deck and tan at the same time too..but don't forget to take along enough suntan lotion..

A visit at the beautiful Fountain Blue hotel during the evening could be a nice and interesting outing. You can tour by yourselves throughout the hotel. They have gift shops and other shops in the lower level of the building. You can even enter to the building from the boardwalk, and view their magnificent garden and beautiful swimming pool, along the way. Their ballroom and Dining room is a must to see. You can even pamper yourself with a relaxing massage at their spa if you wish. (must call for an appnt.)

Hope you'll have great weather so you can enjoy the beach too, if that is in your plan.

Have a wonderful vacation.

ffbmom

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 3:35 pm
Wow. Thanks everyone for the response. It would certainly have been a great idea to book car and flight together. But that won't happen. I'm at 50th and Collins.

Any other great ideas are really appreciated. Thanks.

Butterfly

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 3:55 pm
ffbmom wrote:
I'm at 50th and Collins.

There is a kosher restaurant, with an excellent Hashgacha/supervision, very close to where you are staying. It's in the Carriage Club house on Collins and 50 or 51. You can even eat your Shabbos meals there, if you prefer. Their food is yum and their service is great.

Enjoy

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 5:27 am
shoy18 wrote:
DefyGravity wrote:

thai treats?

also china bistro is really good its in the waterways also a nice little area to walk around.

Yes, I believe one of the places we went to was called Thai Treats. I think the other place was where I got Masaman Beef - which was delicious!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics