Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ATTN: PEG PEREGO PRIMO VIAGGIO SIP 30-30 USERS

Yael

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 10:45 am
I recieved the following email:

ATTN: PEG PEREGO PRIMO VIAGGIO SIP 30-30 USERS

If you or someone you know owns a Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 that was manufactured between July 2007 and March 2008, we at Peg Perego would appreciate hearing from you.

Some of the plastic adjuster covers manufactured during this time have mold flash. Mold flash is when excess plastic leaks from the mold, resulting in an irregular edge. Though the adjuster covers passed the Sharp Edge Test as mandated under federal safety testing procedures and less than .025% of the units produced during this time period have reported the defect, we at Peg Perego don't want to take any chances.

We have sent new, skin-safe adjuster covers to all registered Primo Viaggio customers whose product falls within the manufacturing dates, but we would like for everyone who has a Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 car seat that was manufactured between July 2007 and March 2008 to have the option of receiving a new cover. If you have not registered your product and would like to receive a complimentary adjuster cover, please contact us at 1-800-671-1701.

Children have not been seriously injured or required medical attention as a result of this defect, so we don't foresee a recall. This is why we need your help in spreading the word. Primo Viaggio owners need to be made aware of both the problem and solution so that children are kept as safe as possible. That's our top priority.

Thanks for helping out!

Sincerely,

Amanda
Online Associate
Peg Perego USA
3625 Independence Drive
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46808
Customer Service toll-free number: 1-800-671-1701
www.pegperegousa.com

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 1:58 pm
Thanks Yael - I think this is the carseat that my friend just gave me - I am going to check the date now!

~Debbie
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics