Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
WWYD??

babygirl

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 2:57 pm
Ok I found an apt. in malot dafna (my bal diras raising rent and I need new apt by pesach) the rent is 900 but its one bedroom and a closed in (large) porch...decent living room/dining room and kitchen. do you think its worth it? I know the prices are raising like crazy but do you think we should wait till closer and see(a lot of ppl leave pesach) if anything better comes up??im so confused! Question Rolling Eyes

Tamiri

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:09 pm
Prices are not rising like crazy, at least not according to the news. They are either static or dropping a bit. There is a financial crisis out there! Unless Maalot Dafna is totally different.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:11 pm
Tamiri wrote:
Prices are not rising like crazy, at least not according to the news. They are either static or dropping a bit. There is a financial crisis out there! Unless Maalot Dafna is totally different.

Financial crisis aher and ahin (expression), rent in frum neighborhoods are going up like crazy.

I would move. Maybe keep looking for another few weeks, but if you don't find anything, then take it JMHO.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:15 pm
This is Israel... $900 is a LOT of money for something you aren't sure about.

babygirl

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:16 pm
Thank you so much...yeah I know they arent rising like "crazy" everywhere else but in yerushalayim they are..(at least from what I see)

shabri

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:19 pm
Its a lot for a 1 bedroom. I live in Rechavia and pay slightly more for a first floor 2 bedroom and I think thats a lot. How important is Maalot Dafna to you? Maybe consider looking in other neighborhoods. If location is that important to you then keep in mind you will pay for it--Its not bad, thats just your priority.

babygirl

Post Thu, Dec 04 2008, 3:25 pm
this is also ground floor I told him 9 is a lot for a one bedroom but he said the closed in porch counts as a room- it happens to be a really nice size room and I want malot dafna cuz my brother and sister both live here and my husband learns right near here....

mom2bsn

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 12:50 am
$900 is a great price for maalot dafna

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 1:34 am
I agree with the above. $900 IS unheard of here in Maalot Dafna. Several of my friends are now paying $1500-$1700. Furthermore, when we moved apartments we didn't tell anyone of our plans but somehow people found out. No less then 20 calls in the first 3 hours of our decision. 15 minutes later the new tenants signed. Unfortunately, these things go FAST so decide....quickly!!!!

Lach, it depends on your situation. Do you have children? Are you expecting? If you are smooshing 2 toddlers into a 1 bedroom I would tell you to keep looking but if it's just you and your husband then you go for it. You are correct in the assumption that half the place moves back for Pesach. If not, the summer.

As Shabri said, is Maalot Dafna a priority? I know it's easier said then done, but something to think about. Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 3:34 am
Tamiri wrote:
This is Israel... $900 is a LOT of money for something you aren't sure about.
and for only one bedroom.

but be REALLY sure about it before you sign anything. thats a lot of money. we dont live there but we pay less for a lot more space and rooms.

babygirl

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 4:08 am
Thank you everyone for all your help...no I dont have children and the other problem is that I have all my own furniture which is hard to find unfurnished in malot dafna so thats another plus to this apt...and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else (maybe ramat eshkol but also expensive) because my sister and bro also live in malot dafna and my husband learns right near here....

willow

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:11 am
We moved out Y-m because of rising prices three years ago and now the prices here are going up a lot as well. If you plan on staying long term maybe consider moving out for more space and less $$?
There are a lot of lovely communities not too far.

malki22

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 5:19 am
im not sure. On one hand my friend who lives in the center (near shefa) pays 1200 for such a type apartment 1 bdr and closed in prch. On the other hand you can get cheaper appartments in mem gimel etc. but if the location is important then go for it, my friend is moving in a month and has a 3 bdr in ramot eskol for 1400 and is taking her furniture with her. Pm me for her no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics