Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Housekeeping

raizy

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 1:08 am
no matter how I try, I am always one step behind. I do laundery 24 /7 . o.k. not on shabbos. but before and after. I sweep and dust and clean. I mop and I do the mirriors all the time so . why does my house look a bit untidy all the time....its like some invisiable force out there . telling my kids to make a fresh mess. if I do the kitchen then anther room gets messed up . if I run and do anther room then the kitchen gets messed up. it just seems to me that it never ended..

if my house lookes clean at nine oclock a.m. then by ten oclock a.m. it looks messy again. ooh where is this all going to end...

not that I am overhelmed or something I just feel that I can clean 24/7 and never be finished. does anyone feel like this or is this just me?

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 1:25 am
yup! thats life with kids Wink

hisorerus

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 4:57 am
"Cleaning the house while the children are growing
Is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing."

Try FlyLady to help remove a lot of the Agmas Nefesh from housekeeping, even though you don't need it as much as me, it could probably help keep you feeling positive about the house!

Crayon210

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 6:45 pm
I second the FlyLady!!

Also, do your kids have too many clothes? You might find that they don't need so many, and that you can do without some of them, cutting down on the amount of clothing that needs to be washed.

Also, are you talking about cleaning or straightening? Because most cleaning does not need to be done every day, but there should be some kind of seder. Unless you have dirty diapers on the floor, most people who come in will not notice if you have been cleaning, but will notice piles of junk, etc. Important to differentiate between cleaning and straightening!!

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 6:48 pm
Quote:
Important to differentiate between cleaning and straightening!!

Yes there is a difference Tongue Out my house is straight all week but really clean only twice now embarrassed Not as good as I used to be..... blame it on imamother Very Happy

goldrose

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 7:20 pm
Quote:
"Cleaning the house while the children are growing
Is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing."

I like that!

queen

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 7:26 pm
before the baby I NEVER had anything out of place, and enjoyed having a perfect house. Now I've had to reprioritize and have decided I'd rather have a happy (clean) child than a spotlessly clean house.

happymom

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 8:11 pm
while my baby is awake the house gets messy and I have forced myself to not be bothered by it. but when she takes her napes and goes to sleep at night, I clean everything up. THis way I still feel like I have a neat, clean house, some of the time Very Happy

realeez

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 8:48 pm
I was telling my dh how by running a house we are emulating Hashem. Just as Hashem continues to create the world constantly and if He were to stop, then the world would cease to exist, so to if we stop cleaning our houses for even a second our houses get destroyed!

mother48

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 10:30 pm
dirt and mess aka living in a house should not be confused! I also go crazy when my house is a mess, but with kids, and not enough space, then I just make sure it's properly cleaned each night, kindda gives me a 'jump start' in the morning.

supermommy

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 11:18 pm
Quote:
I was telling my dh how by running a house we are emulating Hashem. Just as Hashem continues to create the world constantly and if He were to stop, then the world would cease to exist, so to if we stop cleaning our houses for even a second our houses get destroyed!

I like that.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 11:23 pm
Me too! :-D

zigi

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 1:03 am
my mother used to have a magnet that said, a womens work is never done and rarely appriciated, as a kid I never understood what it meant. but now I do! I like the shoveling moshel! its so true, as soon as I have one room spotless my little messmaker runs to the next room to do his bussiness! oh well at least its okay sometimes! why can't I have guests at 3 am then its really neat!

raizy

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 10:08 pm
that what really bugs me / when my house is spotless no one cares and comes to vist and when my house is a tornado then I have a million pple at my house. u can never win...

realeez

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 10:12 pm
totally raizy!

lucky

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 10:37 am
Cleaning Hints

Dirt:
Layers of dirty film on windows and screens provide a helpful filter against harmful and aging rays from the sun. Call it an SPF factor of 5 and leave it alone.
Cobwebs:
Cobwebs artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby creating a romantic atmosphere. If your husband points out that the light fixtures need dusting, simply look confused and exclaim, "What? And spoil the mood?"
Pet Hair:
Explain the mound of pet hair brushed up against the doorways by claiming you are collecting it there to use for stuffing hand-sewn play animals for underprivileged children.
Guests:
If unexpected company is coming, pile everything unsightly into one room and close the door. As you show your guests through your tidy home, rattle the door knob vigorously, fake a growl, and say, "I'd love you to see our den, but Fluffy hates to be disturbed and the shots are SO expensive."
Dusting:
If dusting is really out of control, simply place a showy urn on the coffee table and insist that, "This is where Grandma wanted us to scatter her ashes ..."
Painting:
Don't bother re-painting. Simply scribble lightly over a dirty wall with an assortment of crayons, and try to muster a glint of tears as you say, "Junior did this the week before that unspeakable accident ... I haven't had the heart to clean it ..."
General Cleaning:
Mix one-quart cup pine-scented household cleaner with four cup soft water in a spray bottle. Mist the air lightly. Leave dampened rags in conspicuous locations. Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself onto the couch, and sigh, "I clean and I clean and I still don't get anywhere ..."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics