Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Vacationing with an infant in Israel

Capitalchick

Post Mon, Dec 08 2008, 11:32 pm
So, I posted a question about whether there were any seminaries that might accept a woman with a baby. I have no idea if this exists....Seems too good to be true!
Anyway, since I didn't get any responses, I'm starting to wonder if they do exist.
So, assuming I can't spend half a day in seminary learning with a baby on my hip, what do you recommend I do with my time if my husband and I travel to israel during my maternity leave.

1. We'd be spending about 3-4 weeks
2. We don't want to spend TONS of money, and if I'm not busy I'm liable to shop and shop
3. We'll likely be in jerusalem, but if you have ideas about other places, let me know
4. My husband will likely spend half a day working, so I'd like to find stuff to do while he's working.

Do you have any ideas what I can do to entertain myself and my baby??

Imaonwheels

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 12:06 am
I don't know what type you are looking for.

I am at Ohr Chaya which has an evening program for girls who are BT or mitchazek and a high level women's program most of the day. Kids who don't bother anyone are welcome in many of the classes even, There are also probably girls who would take him. There are classes in Hebrew, English, Russian and French. It is walk in, pay token fee and enjoy. Every summer I get vacationers and I just had a US visitor for 2 weeks.

The earliest English class is 12 pm. The place runs almost constantly from 9-10 AM to 10pm. Everything but the dorms are open to all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions