Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone ever done a kitchen?

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 1:49 pm
I'm moving to another apartment and completely re-doing the kitchen. I want it to be functional but I want to do it in the most inexpensive way possible, as it is not my own home. Does anyone have a good kitchen guy that can give me an estimate? I am considering buying ready made cabinets and countertops and just having someone install them. But my plan will need some plumbing work and electricity work. If you've had a good experience with someone please let me know. TIA

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 1:54 pm
Why would you put so much money into something that you don't own? Is the landlord going to give you a break in the rent for improving his/her apartment? The landlord could kick you out whenever your lease runs out and then charge the next tenent more because of the updated kitchen - that you paid for.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 2:07 pm
I know, it was a decision I mulled over for a long time. The landlord is an elderly lady who is charging us a relatively low rent (in the crazy NY rental market) and she is giving us a month's free rent. Also, she is buying the fridge and gas range. There are a few salvagable cabinets which I shopped around to match up. It's pretty small so the cabinets and formica countertop and sinks will run me $2,000. I just need someone to install it and I can't pay a lot.

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 09 2008, 2:43 pm
how about ikea?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries