Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Facial moisturizer

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 2:25 am
My skin is dried out in areas that I'm using an acne treatment on (the acne is cleared finally- my self esteem is really improving!). Can anyone recommend a moisturizer that won't cause breakouts but will take care of the dryness? Something I can find in a drugstore, please.
THANKS!

Isramom8

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:35 am
amother wrote:
My skin is dried out in areas that I'm using an acne treatment on (the acne is cleared finally- my self esteem is really improving!). Can anyone recommend a moisturizer that won't cause breakouts but will take care of the dryness? Something I can find in a drugstore, please.
THANKS!

try pure aqueous cream, any brand

maybe 100% petroleum jelly, but might cause breakouts if you tend towards them

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:40 am
I like Oil of Olay Complete, it's in a little tub..It hink it comes in a box. I've been using it for probably over 5 yrs now at least. I haven't had issues with breakouts from it.

I had horrible acne in HS. Went on accutane to make it more manageable with antibiotics, and eventually after 2 kids, it's gone. Hatzlochah!

Chocoholic

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:09 am
I love Oil of Olay (or Olaz) Beauty Fluid hypoallergenic...

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:41 am
Look for a product labeled Non-Comedogenic (doesn't cause pimples). Lubriderm is pretty good, or you can use the no-name-brand equivalent that's much cheaper.

Noxzema or no-name-brand equivalent is good, too.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:47 am
I love Oil of Olay. I've used other stuff in th past, and it made my skin oily, Olay is great (for me, at least).

Oh - and I have very clear skin. Don't know if I can credit it to the moisturizer, but I rarely get pimples.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 12:50 pm
Neutrogena Moisture
oil free and sensitive skin
I put it on every morning and night and after a shower.

It's the best thing ever invented- its very light not greasy at all.
I live in mortal fear that I will go to the drugstore one day and they tell me its been discontinued- I've been using it for years and years.

NativeMom

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 1:59 pm
Try Purpose moisturizer

amother

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:11 am
Thanks everyone. I got the Oil of Olay complete- seems to be the fave here. Hope it works well...

shosh

Post Thu, Dec 11 2008, 2:49 am
I also like Oil of Olay. But I think the best stuff I've used for skin anything is a brand that my ex mil sends me as a gift sometimes. It's called Liz Earle, and she gets in England and mails it to me. I have very sensitive skin - I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, and this stuff cleared it up and got my skin so clear that even afterwards, when I use other stuff, it has stayed good. Have any of you seen it? My ex Mil buys it from the Cable TV, I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics