Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Ideas for presenting salmon with sauce for a sheva brochos

mommyofgirls

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:40 am
anyone have any ideas. my family is making a sheva brachos for my bil and I'm doing the fish. I would love some fancy ideas for presenting it nicely in the plate. thank you

bubbles

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:45 am
you can make a little bowl out of a cucumber and put the sauce in it, it looks very pretty.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:48 am
You can do it like they do at wedding. Put it on a bed of angel hair pasta or a nice lettuce or cabbage leaf. Put the sauce in a squirt bottle and squeeze nicely around plate and zigzagging over the salmon as well.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:50 am
salmon looks very pretty over a bed of angel hair pesto
basically pesto with angel hair pasta, and you lay the salmon on top of it..
I sometimes make salmon/spinach roll ups..
flaky dough, creamed spinach, salmon ( which has no skin on either side) and a mayo and mustard dressing.. roll it up, egg it and sesame it, and bake till crispy. slice and serve it laying on its side- its very pretty with all the colors..

sky

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:43 am
Bina had a gorgeous recipe recently, I didn't make it but I know people who did. the salmon was cubed and breaded and placed on a fancy skewer and balanced on top of roasted colored peppers and red onion cut in circles. It was so pretty and neat.

Or drizzle the plate with dill sauce and place the salmon on top.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 7:53 am
sky wrote:
Bina had a gorgeous recipe recently, I didn't make it but I know people who did. the salmon was cubed and breaded and placed on a fancy skewer and balanced on top of roasted colored peppers and red onion cut in circles. It was so pretty and neat.

my sister made that- she said it was really nice and good!

sky

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:09 am
Beauty and the Beast wrote:
sky wrote:

my sister made that- she said it was really nice and good!

I cut out the recipe with the picture and I think it looks fantastic - I just don't have a reason to make it yet.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 8:46 am
I made a salmon "trifle" once as a simcha appetizer. Using very large, stemmed water goblets, I layered assorted shredded vegetables (alternating darker and lighter colors) then topping it with flaked, poached salmon with cucumber sauce on top if it. Very elegant.

mommyofgirls

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:05 am
thanks. I would love to know in which bina it was in. maybe I still have it at home. I would want to check it out.

Dance2it

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:06 am
Salmon bourekas- really yummy and easy- 1 can of salmon will make 8 bourekas.

Puff pastry dough- medium squares
can of salmon- for # of guests
little mayo and lemon juice- to take away fishy taste
Garlic powder or fresh garlic ( I never measure just throw as much as you like in)
put a Tble spoon of filling in the square fold like triangle and bake for 20 min till puffed. Drizzle with sauce( mayo, water, garlic and sugar).

bandcm

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 4:34 pm
Kosher by Design Entertains has a really good Salmon Mousse recipe.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 4:49 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I made a salmon "trifle" once as a simcha appetizer. Using very large, stemmed water goblets, I layered assorted shredded vegetables (alternating darker and lighter colors) then topping it with flaked, poached salmon with cucumber sauce on top if it. Very elegant.

I love this idea! How do you make cucumber sauce?

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 5:43 pm
Cucumber sauce:

¾ cup mayonnaise (lite is fine)
¼ cup Coffee Rich or soy milk
2 tblsp. finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped seedless cucumber (I often use regular cucumber, just remove seeds)

Mix everything together (I like to use a whisk) and chill.

It's good over all kinds of salmon.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 5:59 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Cucumber sauce:

¾ cup mayonnaise (lite is fine)
¼ cup Coffee Rich or soy milk
2 tblsp. finely chopped onion
½ cup finely chopped seedless cucumber (I often use regular cucumber, just remove seeds)

Mix everything together (I like to use a whisk) and chill.

It's good over all kinds of salmon.

Thank you!

pinktichel

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 6:21 pm
I do angel hair spaghetti, chopped lettuce, flaked salmon pieces (makes salmon go very far) and drizzle with honey mustard dressing. People are still talking about it from Sukkos! Thanks cookielady!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics