Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Hanging a Puzzle

MMEC123

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 4:49 pm
I just put together a beautiful 1000 piece puzzle and I want to glue it together and hang it. What kind of glue should I use? Do I have to stick it to a poster board? What kind of framing are you supposed to use? Any tips? Thanks!

Tefila

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 4:59 pm
I use clear contact paper cheaper and less maessy then glue and use corrugated board for a frame which incidentaly you can buy where one buys puzzles. I then date it and write who did it on label and it makes a beautiful addition in our family room Very Happy

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jan 23 2006, 5:33 pm
modge podge or puzzle glue doesnt cost much $3-$6

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 12:36 am
I use Elmers school glue... it becomes clear after a few minutes... I dont frame my puzzles.. well now I don't hang then anymore bec. I have about 35 finished puzzles that I don't have where to hang... I just actually threw away a bunch of it bec. they were stored on a bed and were missing pieces.. but most of the nice ones I still have..

MMEC123

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 9:52 am
SevenSenses wrote:
I use Elmers school glue... it becomes clear after a few minutes... I dont frame my puzzles.. well now I don't hang then anymore bec. I have about 35 finished puzzles that I don't have where to hang... I just actually threw away a bunch of it bec. they were stored on a bed and were missing pieces.. but most of the nice ones I still have..

Oy, I think that's going to be me soon... I've just done two and I'm in the middle of my third. Uh oh. The pretty ones I do want to hang. Funny thing is, I could always take them apart and put them back together in a while. But that doesn't seem as fun!

Younger Me

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 11:01 am
I have a pretty one (anne geddes-butterfly babies) that I wanted to hang in my baby's room. I gave it in at a framing shop. they mounted it on a board and laminated it. it wasn't too expensive - I think the price depends on the size.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 4:26 pm
I've done a few puzzles & I buy puzzle glue that has a brush to brush over the puzzle. Then I frame them before I hang them. My frind doesn't frame hers & when she moved house a bunch of the broke along the edges & now she's missing pieces. They look nicer in frames too.

goldrose

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 4:29 pm
going off tangent a drop...to framing...when I was in Israel I made a beautiful decoupage and the framing store in Tzfat framed it - they charged PEANUTS for a custom frame: 100 shekel - like $25!! As opposed to when I wanted to custom frame my wedding picture, I couldnt get quoted less than $400!

hisorerus

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 4:32 pm
Oh, BTW- if anyone needs custom framing, try http://www.framesbymail.com/ for cheap frames and mats.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jan 24 2006, 4:42 pm
Hey thanx for that hisorerus.

lucky

Post Wed, Jan 25 2006, 8:28 am
Tefila, how do you make a frame from corrugated board? I cover the puzzles with clear contac paper, but never framed them.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Thu, Jan 26 2006, 4:02 am
MMEC123, I never take a puzzle apart..
I only buy, either nice scenery or funny and interesting puzzles..
like double sided puzzles.. potato chip puzzles.. anne geddes puzzles.. puzzles in a tin can.. coca cola puzzles... I can't buy normal ones..
I don't have money to buy as many puzzles as I can fit on my walls.
I do my puzzles on my kitchen table.. with nothing under them.. they can be there for months if I don't have time to do them..
Momof3, the brush that comes with the puzzle glue is too small for me.. I like to smear with a big brush so I buy a roller brush.. pour a bunch of glue and them smear it in even lines..

Can anyone tell I'm a puzzle freak..
Maybe I should change my name?

ludicrous

Post Thu, Jun 01 2017, 2:06 pm
Tefila wrote:
I use clear contact paper cheaper and less maessy then glue and use corrugated board for a frame which incidentaly you can buy where one buys puzzles. I then date it and write who did it on label and it makes a beautiful addition in our family room Very Happy

what is a corrugated board?

artsy

Post Fri, Jun 02 2017, 5:04 pm
where would be a good place to find puzzles?
I am looking for very classic types. Fruit, flowers, scenery. I haven't been able to find ones that I really like.

Would really appreciate suggestions.

artsy

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 11:51 am
bump

Where to find really nice floral or scenery, teacups, fruit puzzles?
Can't seem to find anywhere.

chaya35

Post Mon, Jul 31 2017, 12:30 pm
purplepink wrote:
bump

Where to find really nice floral or scenery, teacups, fruit puzzles?
Can't seem to find anywhere.

Don't know where you are located but in Boro Park there is a puzzle store think its called Prestige on 14th Ave. between 42 & 43.

Also I have seen them on Amazon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics