Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Binah Magazine Cookbook - A Recipe Review
Previous  1  2

happy2beme

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:23 am
so I made it.
it was pretty good, but if I'm having cinnamon I'd prefer crumb cake. Maybe I just like a softer cake.
I found the first day it was soft but the next day it was pretty dry & a little tougher...

Thx for the recipe, though!

happy2beme

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:24 am
Also, it made such a beautiful cake! I loved how it looked- so prefessional!

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:32 am
happy2beme wrote:
so I made it.
it was pretty good, but if I'm having cinnamon I'd prefer crumb cake. Maybe I just like a softer cake.
I found the first day it was soft but the next day it was pretty dry & a little tougher...

Thx for the recipe, though!

Not a problem. Cakes only last one day in my house anyway. Rolling Eyes

cindy324

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 4:26 pm
Quote:

You know, that's so funny, because a friend of mine said the same thing happens to her every time she's made a yeast cake. The first day was nice and soft, the next it hardened. It didn't exactly harden by me, but it definitely felt more dense and not as soft the next day. It wasn't dry though, I kept it tightly covered with plastic.

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 10:34 pm
DH bought it for me for Chanukah. Yes, she recommends fresh spices, for flavour purposes. But you can use dried, just be careful with the quantity substitutions! Even DH said there were some recipes he was willing to eat...haven't tried any yet. Must make shopping list first. Although we DO have some salmon and whitefish in the freezer...

happy2beme

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 7:34 am
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:

You know, that's so funny, because a friend of mine said the same thing happens to her every time she's made a yeast cake. The first day was nice and soft, the next it hardened. It didn't exactly harden by me, but it definitely felt more dense and not as soft the next day. It wasn't dry though, I kept it tightly covered with plastic.

oops! embarrassed mine was not covered with plastic only aluminum foil.

Also, you're right. I have the same prob with challah- it's not as soft as the first day unless it's reheated... maybe it's just me & yeast- I just can't get a rise out of it Wink

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 8:05 am
What do you think about freezing this? Will it be okay after defrosting or should it just be made fresh?

cindy324

Post Thu, Dec 25 2008, 2:23 pm
Quote:
What do you think about freezing this? Will it be okay after defrosting or should it just be made fresh?

What You're guess is a s good as mine... Try it, you can always reheat it a bit, maybe.

beth

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:57 am
I think this cookbook has some very doable and yummy recipes!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics