Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How much time in advance do you book your plane tickets?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:23 pm
We're supposed to be leaving next week and my dh still didn't get the tickets. He likes to wait for the last minute LOL . If I had to go, I would bother him about it or make it myself, but he's the one who has to go, so I'm being completely laid back about it. (I'm grinding my teeth Wink .)

Appletree

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:29 pm
thats very late. the later you book your tickets the more expensive it is. unless your not sur the date and time you want to leave.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:31 pm
Appletree wrote:
thats very late. the later you book your tickets the more expensive it is. unless your not sur the date and time you want to leave.

not always...you can sometimes get the best deals at the last moment.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:43 pm
Well, we're supposed to be going on x-mas eve, so I doubt they're going to raise the price.

misteray

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:50 pm
Yo'ma, you already know MY opinion on how late you are waiting!

I usually book tickets, minimum, two weeks in advance. There are times when I kick myself for booking too early, since I continue looking at the prices afterwards and sometimes see the price go down, but that is usually if it is over a month before.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:51 pm
Thankfully, we're usually able to take Southwest wherever we need to go, so we usually book the ticket a month or so in advance, and if the price goes down, we bank the difference and use it towards a future flight (within the year).

Chocoholic

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 2:53 pm
Starting about 2-3 months before the flight, prices rise almost by the day... So I book as fast as I possibly can.

SuperMama

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 4:18 pm
Depends where I'm going. For flights within the US usually a week in advance, soemtimes two or the day before. I once booked two months in advance and noticed that 3 days in advance it was cheaper....

For flights to europe or anywhere, I call a travel agent and usually book about a month in advance sometimes less sometimes more. And you know what? For flights within the US from NY to places like FL, HAWAII, CALI, etc I've never paid more than 150 except one time and I've probably booked over 20 tickets there so.... I don't see the need to book them more in advance.

Also tickets are cheaper now b/c gas prices down.
Also it depends WHEN you are traveling,tickets are more expensive during thanksgiving break than off season.

orchidmom

Post Mon, Dec 15 2008, 5:37 pm
my husband is so last minute in everything, he will always do things as late as possible, so if I go with him we have to book early and if he goes himself it's his problem! but he is getting better since he married me! LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics