Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Brown Rice Pasta

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 1:17 pm
HOw much healthier is it than regular whole wheat pasta?

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 3:49 pm
I compared the nutrition labels. there are a few slight differences but not much

COLORFUL

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 3:57 pm
[b[size=18]]Its as healthy as eating brown rice.
It tastes MUCH better than whole wheat pasta, the only difference is that you can't put away the leftovers cuz they'll get hard.
We served it many times and no one knew the difference.[/b]
[/size]

mandksima

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 4:21 pm
SHB wrote:
[b[size=18]]Its as healthy as eating brown rice.
It tastes MUCH better than whole wheat pasta, the only difference is that you can't put away the leftovers cuz they'll get hard.
We served it many times and no one knew the difference.[/b]
[/size]

I agree. It is also easier for the digestive tract. We used it exclusively the year we tried being gluten free for various reasons.

yOungM0mmy

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 6:09 pm
How do you cook it so that it tastes good??? DS2 is allergic to wheat, so I have been using this, but DH (and I) don't like the texture...so I end up making two suppers.

COLORFUL

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 12:49 pm
I make it like regular past - it just needs more time to cook, follow the directions on the package.
It depends what company you buy.
I forgot the name of the good company but if you live in Boro Park I'll tell you where to get it.

tovasmom

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 3:51 pm
The best brown rice pasta is from Tinkyada -- it is made in Canada and I think under COR

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 5:53 pm
tovasmom wrote:
The best brown rice pasta is from Tinkyada -- it is made in Canada and I think under COR

yea, tinkyada is the one I made and I dont see anything wrong with it!

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 7:40 pm
SHB wrote:
I make it like regular past - it just needs more time to cook, follow the directions on the package.
It depends what company you buy.
I forgot the name of the good company but if you live in Boro Park I'll tell you where to get it.

So where in BP can I get it?

beautiful blessings

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 8:55 pm
Most grocery stores sell it. If you're shopping in the Jewish stores, there's a new brand by Goldbaums which is just as good as Tinkyada.

The two tricks to brown rice pasta is NOT to overcook it (rather, undercook it a bit if you're going to be baking it afterwards, such as in baked ziti) - keep in mind that if you don't drain it right away it'll cook some more while sitting in water. Also, rinse it VERY WELL, I even mix it around with my hand while it's rinsing to make sure I don't feel any of that starchy residue.

Tastes way better than whole wheat pasta, in my opinion, and it's also healthier for those who don't eat ANY wheat.

MiracleMama

Post Sat, Jan 03 2009, 8:58 pm
Well, I have never seen Tinkyada or Goldbaums around here. I hope ther brand I bought is good. I just took my son off wheat, dairy and eggs and I am having to totally rethink the way I cook.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics