Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Lefty or righty???

canadamom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:01 pm
my 5 year old son colours and eats etc. with his left hand, it never bothered me, but everytime I'm by my IL's my FIL will tell him to eat with his right hand, and even change his fork. he tries but eventually he switches back...
what is so bad about being a lefty, can't a kid live??? and is it something he can still change??

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:06 pm
tell them to leave him alone ... that is his nature ... my dd till this day is disturbed that people (in school) pushed her to use her right hand when she was using her left ...

chaylizi

Post Mon, Dec 22 2008, 9:11 pm
my dd is also a lefty. my fil asked me why I don't make her use her right hand. I explained that I didn't feel there was any reason to & it ended there.

I had a bigger problem with her teacher this year. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose though. they were learning to differentiate between shin & sin. shin has a dot on the same side as their shema hand & sin has a dot on the same side as their silly hand. all of a sudden, dd was eating & drawing with her right hand because she didn't want to use her silly hand. the teacher and I had a little chat about that one.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Dec 23 2008, 12:34 am
I also h ave a lefty, but it comes from my IL side so they can't complain Very Happy

I used to do some things with my left and some with my right until a teacher in third grade decided I was not allowed to use my left hand any more
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers