Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Day naps..

girl29

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 7:57 am
I have a 3.5mnth year old so sleeps very well at night!
BUT during the day it takes me ages to put him down for naps and then he gets over tired and I dont know what do..
any tips would be much appreciated
thanks

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 8:09 am
I have one child who only was able to fall asleep by day by letting her CIO (it took about 5 min, actually less, more like 1-2 min), and this was after trying everything else--food, carrying, stroller, car, etc. bc for a newborn I just refuse to do CIO, but this was the ONLY thing that worked for her. The pain of crying for a couple min was better than a day of having an overtired baby.

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 8:45 pm
It took my son a while to get his daytime nap-schedule down-pat. In general, the nights become routine first before the day-time sleeping become a set-routine. You're halfway there--I'm sure it's hard but I wouldn't worry at 3.5 months--although it is annoying.
Maybe you could try to have a set time(s) of day that are "crib" times where he stays in the crib--even if just for 10-15 minutes.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:19 pm
If you want to try something else before crying it out, I found that infant message really helped my baby to relax. It might depend on the baby, but it's worth a try! You don't have to go the whole way (especially with a winter baby, who will usually have a couple of layers on), but just see if your baby likes being "scratched" all over, on top of his/her clothes. Sometimes it just calms my baby down enough...I do let my baby cry it out after the message, but now it's a very short amount of time (less than five minutes) and it's usually just some kvetching instead of crying. My baby is a couple of months older, so not sure if it would work on a younger baby.

Good luck, and hang in there! It does get much easier...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics