Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Mummy you are not looking!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:13 pm
How many times do we say to our child when they come home from school, oh it's beautiful your picture we only half looked, or if they are telling us something we listen with half an ear .and say yes you're right.
As they grow how often do we know what we are signing when we sign their assignments?
The list goes on.

And thus far I am gulity of it all not all the times but when I am really busy like erev shabbos.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:15 pm
are you aware you have a very distinct writing style amother?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:17 pm
Yes but shh, I wont tell if u wont tell!

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:18 pm
amother wrote:
Yes but shh, I wont tell if u wont tell!
you mean you won't tell anymore?

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:20 pm
amother, are your kids old enough to hear this: "sweetie, I really want to look at your project, so how about you show it to me in fifteen minutes so I can give it my undivided attention?"

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:21 pm
I'm not guilty at all ... I always looked or told them I'll look soon ...

amother

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:28 pm
See, here I pride myself on being such a good mother they are well fed, clean and loved! Yet at times when I am so busy (since my erev Shabbos is not the average persons erev shabbos, I'll leave it at that) I will just answer them to get through the moment, the only problem is later on especially with the signing, it comes back to haunt. I like some of the suggestions given above Thanks

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 29 2008, 10:36 pm
once you bentch licht - you have time to look at everything calmly & attentively

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:14 pm
Greenfire you seem to be cool calm and collected Mother were you always this way??

grin

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 1:20 pm
it takes about 3 sec. to take a look and say "how nice" - it takes longer if they want to tell a whole megila to explain it besides - that part can wait till later.

[and I thought this thread was about the kid that says, "mommy, don't look now so you don't get scared" - just before they go jumping off that high ___ (fill in the blank)!]
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics