Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Where do you buy your towels?
1  2  Next

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 11:59 am
Whatever I buy gets disgusting and I've been buying name brands at Century 21, but does it matter if I buy at the dollar store, or even Macy's or Bed Bath & Beyond?

sky

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 12:16 pm
Marshalls. They have name brand towels. less money. And if they get ruined you don't feel as bad. You can also try TJ Maxx or Home Goods.

When I got married all my towels were from there. (As were my quilts, pillows and many other accessories)

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 12:16 pm
My great uncle is a surfer. He surfs early in the morning . When he would get tot he beach, it was littered with towels and then my great aunt would wash them. Everyone in the family has tons of towels from them and so do I. I have bought regular towels my entire marriage except hand towels. So thats where I get my towels.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 12:27 pm
dh is in the EMS field. get my towels from there.

mom2bsn

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 1:48 pm
I get mine from bed bath and beyond

Mommy007

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 3:04 pm
Same here... Bed Bath and Beyond

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 3:13 pm
BBB gals - what brand and size? Thanks

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 3:21 pm
Century has great towels. I bought some by target and they were pretty ok too.

Leah254

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 4:15 pm
COSTCO!

I love my towels from costco - they are a good price too.

The ones I have from Bed Bath and Beyond are terrible - either they're junky and are gross after a few washes or they're too soft to be towels

Barbara

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 4:28 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Whatever I buy gets disgusting and I've been buying name brands at Century 21, but does it matter if I buy at the dollar store, or even Macy's or Bed Bath & Beyond?

Can you tell us what *disgusting* means to you (some people might find a towel *disgusting* if it shreds a tiny bit at the edges, while others might consider it to be like new), how frequently you use/wash them, how you wash them, etc. Maybe someone could give you ideas on how to make towels last longer. Also tell us what type of towel you like -- thick vs. thin, white vs. colored, soft vs. more bristly. There really *are* a lot of personal preferences in this area.

Mom always swore by JC Penneys towels, and they were indeed rated well last time I checked. I have some towels from Kohls which are still usable (IMHO) after several years, but not in amazing condition. My favorites are towels from The Company Store which are like new after a couple of years. I'm also surprisingly pleased with a couple of Walmart towels I picked up on vacation when it turned out that we hadn't brought enough with us, but they're only a few months old.

cookielady

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 4:46 pm
Once and a while I splurge and get Lands' End supima towels. Ours are at least 5 years old and are still great. Not to cheap though.

I have gotten alot from JC Penney and they have been great and really cheap if you get them on sale.

manhattanmom

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 5:05 pm
So far, I've bought at century 21 and at Target.

debsters1101

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 5:17 pm
linens n things is going out of business. I got great quality towels there for 2 dollars and change.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 6:43 pm
I haven't been happy with my BBB towels. I bought one set for my guest bedroom and they are thin. And they don't get washed too often but they pilled horribly.

I still hold by going to Marshalls or Home Goods and buying name brand towels there (such as Nautica)

Pineapple

Post Tue, Dec 30 2008, 7:04 pm
I've bought by kmart (are they still around?) and I think walmart

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 7:31 pm
amazon.com the "pinzon" brand. lots of my friends have them. They're great.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 8:39 pm
jcpenney.

NativeMom

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 10:29 pm
I've bought towels from Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Wal-Mart and Overstock.com (my best are from this site)

sunshine!

Post Mon, Jan 12 2009, 10:32 pm
I was very happy with towels I picked up at Walmart
I also bought bath sheets at Macy's and was very happy with them too. They are 7 years old and counting....

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 10:16 am
Funny, we still have the same towels my mom bought us 10 years ago when we got married. We only use them for guests over the last 5 years or so. We all use bathrobes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics