Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Redeeming credit card Reward points
Previous  1  2

alpidarkomama

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 2:10 am
Tamiri wrote:
chocolate moose wrote:
Actually I think the cash prize is generally less than a card prize, but then you have to want to use it, so I guess it's all relative.

They are forcing me to use their vendors. While having $30 to spend at Starbucks may be nice, you are still paying $4? $5? for a cup of coffee, which in my case I would not do. In my book, that doesn't sound like a great deal, while an actual $5 off my bill, is a good deal... YWIM?

$4? $5? On my once-a-month mommy date at Starbucks I spend $1.70 for a cup of coffee. Now if you're talking fancier things, sure it's more. Wink And the mommy date is well-worth $1.70 LOL

alpidarkomama

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 2:13 am
Do you get points even when you don't carry a balance??? Is it just based on what you charged? We signed up for an airline card because we had a trip coming up. It paid for one of the tickets and we got a meat smoker. As soon as the smoker arrives we're cutting up the card. Do other credit cards do the same thing??

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 3:48 pm
no idea, I suggest you ask your cc company

Tzippora

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 3:52 pm
DH and I have the Chase Freedom card, which gives you cash - 1% back on each purchase and 3% on your top 5 categories of purchases. We never carry a balance, but use it because it's simply convenient to use cards and pay the bill at the end of the month.

The best part of this card is that if you wait to redeem your cash til you have $200 in rewards, they'll send you $250. Nice little bonus, and we usually add it to our savings for the month.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics