Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
P3 tutors asking for more, delivering less
Previous  1  2

pecan

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:17 pm
Just wanted to point out that this year p3 tutors actually get paid less. A friend told me she gets paid only $29 for the period.
P3 is not per hour, it is per period (session) generally accepted to be 40 minutes.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:32 pm
I would never agree to lie and defraud the system. How could this ever be the right thing to do? Never mind that if your child needs tutoring 5x, you should see to it that that is exactly what she gets.

allgood

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:37 pm
I definately wouldn't give my child less than half the services he was approved for or he'll be suffering greatly. You may have to give up on one or two but three is just too many.
As far as concerns about this women's integrity how about rethinking if these services are being offered for Jewish subjects?

chabadshb

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:42 pm
pecan wrote:
Just wanted to point out that this year p3 tutors actually get paid less. A friend told me she gets paid only $29 for the period.
P3 is not per hour, it is per period (session) generally accepted to be 40 minutes.

and this($29) is not enough???

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:42 pm
minus 15 percent for taxes

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:45 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:

So? Everyone pays taxes.

I don't know what these tutors' training and education are that they are insulted by being paid $29/ hr but if they don't like the pay they should find another job, not do something so dishonest.

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:47 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
So? Everyone pays taxes.

not the high school girls who take $45 cash! get it?

So compare $45 cash to $24 net "on the books". pooooooor pooooooooooor P3 people.

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:48 pm
p3 tutors have to be certified teachers. $42/hr makes sense for the rate of $29 for 40 minutes. but if they want to make more money, why don't they just teach for the doe? that's decent money for a part time gig.

goodheart

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 8:03 pm
I would definently not give in he was accepted for 5x a week
I would make sure he gets it.

chabadshb

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 8:05 pm
Can`t u find a 3rd person that is jewish and will do the right job??

carrot

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 8:13 pm
They don't have a bunch of guaranteed hours in a row, like someone with an office job - they have to keep moving around to different people's houses or to different schools and sometimes people cancel - so maybe that's also why they feel it's not such good pay.

alpidarkomama

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:03 pm
Clarissa wrote:
That doesn't mean anything. She could still be Christian, or whatever. Names aren't proof of anything.

Or, ahem, Jewish. There are African-American Jews, for goodness' sake. I ought to know. I live with two of them!

alpidarkomama

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:05 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
minus 15% for self employed taxes...

the young girls out of high school are asking $45 cash, is what my neighbor reported to me! OUCH!

OY. I hope that doesn't mean they're doing that to avoid paying taxes...

alpidarkomama

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 11:08 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:

So? Everyone pays taxes.

I don't know what these tutors' training and education are that they are insulted by being paid $29/ hr but if they don't like the pay they should find another job, not do something so dishonest.

If you're self-employed there's an additional tax to the regular income tax. Normally, you pay 50% of your social security bill and your employer pays 50% (payroll taxes). Since a self-employed person is employer and employee, they get to pay both halves.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Jan 01 2009, 7:28 am
Yael is going to investigate this bizarre situation (the thread, not the defrauding the Board of Ed part ;-)).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics