Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby gets bored!!!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 9:04 pm
First of all sorry this is as amother, just cuz personal info.

My 5-mo. old baby is the kind that makes ppl jealous- he sleeps properly, is very smiley, and is easy to please. He loves being around ppl, he hardly cries, but at home its different! He gets so bored being around with me. The prob is that he's still too little to hand toys to, he doesnt realize he can grab them yet. He'll pull a rattle in his mouth if he's holding it, but he still has a way to go. I don't live around lots of ppl, so I don't have anyone he could mommy and me with. I'm very happy staying at home myself, but he's not! He can't even sit up yet.

Any ideas for fun activities for a 5 month old? Rolling Eyes I have lots of good ones for when he's older.....

shoy18

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 9:07 pm
why dont you buy him a gyminee, the mats with the toys hanging from them that way he can look at the toys and he wont have to hold them.

Motek

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 7:50 am
what makes you think your five month old baby is bored?

do you put him on the floor to explore or down in a playpen?

Frumom

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 12:40 pm
Amother, first of all just wanted to tell you that I used to think the exact same thing. However, I realize that a baby at that age and a little earlier are exploring the world around them. As long as he/she isnt always in the swing or always on the floor, he/she is just fine. Babies have minds which need to mature and grow. As long as your baby has a swing, some kind of blanket on the floor with toys hanging over it, music sometimes, the baby is just fine.
I realized all this when my baby finally started reaching for things and grabbing everything. One stage at a time! Dont worry

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 12:42 pm
maybe an exersaucer?

Frumom

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 12:43 pm
Also, another point I forgot to add:
Babies dont need the same kinds of stimulation that they'll need when they're older. Just by him/her watching YOU as you move about the house is an activity.

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, May 26 2006, 6:37 pm
My almost 6 month old daughter is bored! She needs to be played with often and I definately wld like to get some more toys for her. What do u recommend? Cld u provide a link for it (so I cld see what it is)?

She has a hop n pop that she adores and she likes her swing & gymni too. What else?!!

thread merged with previous thread on this topic - mod

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 12:20 am
Im glad you go tthe hop n pop! when SM was six months that's all I had - the gymini, high chair, and hop n pop. Oh, and he watched little people dvds Smile and we took lots of walks.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 12:31 am
I read to her- she loves it. I take walks with her.... I talk to her but there's a limit. I need some toys she can play with on HER OWN. The hop n pop she has for about 2 months already and she doesn't go for it for too long anymore. so it's swing, high chair, hopn pop, gymni and AAAAAAHAHH I'm bored..... Wink she's one little chevraman. So innocent looking LOL

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 12:58 am
it's a very hard age. I just bh got over it. From when they are too old to loll around in their infant seat until they can sit, they are bored and require lots of entertaining. If she can tolerate being on her tummy, she can play with so many more toys... little balls, blocks, any toy. but if she doesnt like her tummy youre in trouble.

I'd often simply put him on his back on a blanket with a rattle. he was very happy.

nehama

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 1:51 am
My baby also likes people... she's happy as long as someone's playing with her or talking to her.

Let's just say it's nice when we go to my parents or my in laws! Smile

Tefila

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 3:54 am
Quote:
Let's just say it's nice when we go to my parents or my in laws!
LOL

Motek

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 9:05 am
Six months is a very hard age?! They are bored?!

heaven help us Rolling Eyes

nehama

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 4:12 pm
Motek wrote:

I know, I know, it only gets harder as they get older. But some of us are dealing full time with a baby for the first time, and discovering that it's not as easy as babysitting!

Motek

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 6:08 pm
train 'em young to entertain themselves too

Shimmysmom

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:48 pm
Motek wrote:

thats a mean thing to say! y would you try to make someone feel bad? for a first time mom every age seems hard until u get the hang of it and you are always worried that u r doing something wrong.

Motek

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 7:51 pm
Shimmysmom wrote:
for a first time mom every age seems hard until u get the hang of it and you are always worried that u r doing something wrong.

speak for yourself!

my point was not to be mean but to express outrage when parents project adult feelings on to their babies which then leads to over-entertaining them which then leads to children who have been taught to be bored who are not pleasant children to be around. Sad for the children. Sad

Last edited by Motek on Sun, May 28 2006, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tefila

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 8:00 pm
Quote:

heaven help us

I have to agree Confused

But lets try and think perhaps they just want to be held and cuddled.

Bored u say hhhhmmmm well you could always get them addicted to the computer I guess Twisted Evil

Shimmysmom

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 8:48 pm
[quote="Motek"]
Shimmysmom wrote:
for a first time mom every age seems hard until u get the hang of it and you are always worried that u r doing something wrong.

speak for yourself!

u mean u found it so easy?! B"H u r lucky.

Motek

Post Sun, May 28 2006, 9:55 pm
"every age seems hard" and "it's so easy" are not the only two choices!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics