Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Not telling the truth

proudmom

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 7:00 pm
Lately my 3 year old lies a lot. what should I do about it? it is just getting worse.

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 7:11 pm
Is she lieing about things that she did wrong? bcause many times kids lie because they are afraid of the consequence of what they did wrong. rather tell them that if they did do it or whatever...if you tell me the truth it woul dbe better because you get a bigger consequence if you lie. but I dont know if this can help a 3 yr old.

have u heard of the book..eli and the white lie ( I think thats what its called.).abt a boy who lies and everytime a little fury "white" lies grows and grows...its a jewish book...maybe take it out f the library and read it to her,

proudmom

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 7:21 pm
She only lies when she isnt telling the truth. I tell her if she tells the truth I will be happy and if she lies I will be upset but that still doesnt help. Thank you for telling me about that book. I think I will take it out for her. I hope that will help her from not lieing.

Tefila

Post Mon, Dec 13 2004, 8:57 pm
Check out thread 'When to believe kids' in Chinuch and Education Smile

mommy2

Post Sat, Dec 18 2004, 10:15 pm
I read somewhere that at 3 kids dont understand the concept of lying. They dont understand they r lying. Like did u wash your hands-they'll say yes even if they didnt. They dont mean to lie. You have to realize that so u dont get upset about it. Rather dont give the opportunity to lie. Dont ask did u wash your hands, just feel them and c. My son will say I washed my hands and put his hands behind his back bc he doesnt want to show that he didnt, hes not lying in his head, hes just trying to avoid washing his hands. Dont ask questions that may lead to a lie. Now he says mommy do u hear the water running??

mommy2

Post Sat, Dec 18 2004, 10:17 pm
oh I forgot 1 thing, I actually took out that book about eli and the white lie this weeek from the library, its a cute book but it has a lot of words and my son is still a little young for it, hes 3 1/2.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics