Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How not to stand out at a family wedding
Previous  1  2

Fabulous

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 11:34 pm
Be sure to let us know what he thinks but from your posts, you sound like a lady with good taste, so I'm sure it's beautiful. Mazel Tov! May this be your worst problem!

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 11:37 pm
Oy vey I just realized I misled you people. I wrote ‘champagne’ as a hypothetical, an example. What I really mean is not WHERE to buy a gown (I can look it all up)… but about the idea of people dressing up, and thereby intimidating you when you show up in Shabbos clothes.

I did find my girls, not an easy task and they called me earlier and canceled it on me! a whole excuse, never mind. So I’m back to hunting (the wedding is this week!) and I’m plotzing. My pre-teen is short, and chunky and hard to fit. I FINALLY found something for her that fits decently, and a smaller to fit her delicious sister… I just want to curl up and hide in the coat room.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 11:39 pm
pity, my nieces were gorgeous champagne gowns last night which my sister got from someone hirsch in willy. pity it styed for the last minute, you couldve checked them out.

flowerpower

Is it your sister getting married or a neice/nephew?

nicole81

hey shak, I have a size 18 darkish champagne gown with a bolero... it's not the most tznius outfit, but maybe you could put something under it; pm me if you want a pic. also I have a champagne girls gown size 2-3t, not sure if that helps.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 11:46 pm
It’s my lovely dear niece and not too many weddings are happening in our tiny family, so this I s a huge event. Well anyway, PLEASE RE-READ, it’s not champagne the issue… it’s the spending on clothes to begin with. Thanks Nicole but I was an 18 before the bay… now, I’m having a hard time with that size !
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics