Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Speaking of bags...what's in yours?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 4:11 pm
I have a small, very small bag that my dd gave me that her grandmother gave her Confused . I have in there money, c.c., phone, and my keys. I don't even use it in the winter because I use my coat pockets. What's in everyones bags that they need such big ones?

We don't use checks here and if I ever need to take my passport anywhere, I just don't close it because it's that small. When I did use checks, I would just take one check.

avigailmiriam

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 4:14 pm
In my bag

1. Folding cane.
2. A vintage tin lunchbox with my prescriptions.
3. A tiffin holding my lunch.
4. A thermos.
5. An extra sweater.
6. Shoes for work; I wear snowboots to commute.
7. Extra scarf.
8. Book to read.
9. Wallet.
10. Another book.
11. Pens, pencils, etc.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 4:30 pm
groceries, garbage, recyclables ...

oh did you mean something else ... What

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 09 2009, 4:58 pm
greenfire wrote:

under fashion and beauty???
you said, you don't even know what one is, so I guess that's what's in yours.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 9:19 am
wallet, notebook and pen, uniform shirt for work, book for daily train commute, water bottle, lunch & fruit, ipod, keys.... anything else I need for my day.

Raisin

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 1:13 pm
phone, wallet, bottle of water, misc. snacks for kids, spare nappy and maybe baby wipes, 4 million receipts, keys. (I don't have a diaper bag).

drumjj

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 1:25 pm
in mine at the moment, is food, water, bottle for urine sample, belts for the monitor at the hospital. hospital notes, wallet, keys, tissues. I think thats about it.

mummy-bh

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 2:10 pm
Am I the only female over the age of 10 who never carries a handbag? Everything I need fits in my pocket - credit card, a bit of money, keys, phone, couple of tissues. I dont drive so push a buggy everywhere; I have no place to put a bag even if I did want one.

yOungM0mmy

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 2:25 pm
Dh calls my bag the Savta Simcha bag, and says he can never find anything in there! I use it as a handbag and my diaper bag.
I have my planner, and last years still, and a note pad with all my lists, notes, etc. wallet, keys, phone, diapers, baby wipes, spare shirt for DS2, flapjacks, corn thins and a jar of veg for DS2 (he has allergies, so I can't just find him food anywhere), parev yoghurt for DS1, spoons, chocolate, sugar free sweets, my gym lock, some nappy sacks, spare pacifiers, hand cream, make up...

freidasima

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 2:49 pm
tissues, keys, medications, compact, lipstick, hair clips, sanitary napkins, sunglasses, reading glasses, telephone book, wallet, folding scizzors, miniature nail kit, safety pins, band aids, tums, aspirin, personal documents, checkbook, credit cards, cellphone, sucking candies, chewing gum, nose drops, asthma inhalator, tehilim, siddur, special tehilim booklet to be used at the cemetery, small cologne, breath freshener, paper, dental floss, eye drops, iron pills, bedika cloths, tweezers, water bottle, toothpicks, and during the winter, folding umbrella.

miriamnechama

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 2:51 pm
well after my bag was stolen 3 years ago and then I used to take the hole house besides the kitchen sink, I've since cut down and take the minimum.

I have a small bag where I keep my phone, wallet, mp4, siddur/tehillim, teudat zehut, pocket keys, some tissues wipes a couple of candies one pen and calender and I think that's it. I try to put all my appointments into my phone and weekly clean out my bag.

when I travel a broad I have another bag that I prefer to use for london but very rarely will go out with a bag in london

sarahnurit

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 2:53 pm
-diaper;
-wipes;
-keys;;
-money & credit cards;
-pens & pencil;
-tehillim;
-little car;
-checks;
-tissues;
-cellphone;
-snacks and drinks for kids

I have big bags... Wink

grin

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 6:11 pm
I use my handbag as a miniature desk where I keep important papers that need to be dealt with (since they'll get lost anywhere else), aside from:

pocket tehilim (in case I need to wait in line somewhere)
pocket phone book
wallet
ID card
medical ID cards for me and the kids
keys
pen
almost forgot - checkbook & cellphone
(& I often forget to replenish the tissues too Confused )

Last edited by grin on Sun, Jan 11 2009, 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total

girliemom

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 6:15 pm
freidasima wrote:
tissues, keys, medications, compact, lipstick, hair clips, sanitary napkins, sunglasses, reading glasses, telephone book, wallet, folding scizzors, miniature nail kit, safety pins, band aids, tums, aspirin, personal documents, checkbook, credit cards, cellphone, sucking candies, chewing gum, nose drops, asthma inhalator, tehilim, siddur, special tehilim booklet to be used at the cemetery, small cologne, breath freshener, paper, dental floss, eye drops, iron pills, bedika cloths, tweezers, water bottle, toothpicks, and during the winter, folding umbrella.

WOW Exclamation

girliemom

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 6:18 pm
usually it's just my wallet, cell phone & some cosmetics... ( after I throw out all my receipts)

greenfire

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 6:55 pm
yo'ma wrote:

greenfire wrote:

under fashion and beauty???
you said, you don't even know what one is, so I guess that's what's in yours.

since I don't use a handbag/pocketbook - I figured I would say what I have in other bags - got a problem with that Rolling Eyes must I be feminine and ladylike What
mummy-bh wrote:
Am I the only female over the age of 10 who never carries a handbag? Everything I need fits in my pocket - credit card, a bit of money, keys, phone, couple of tissues. I dont drive so push a buggy everywhere; I have no place to put a bag even if I did want one.

why do you think I said "what's a handbag" ... I got pockets & a keychain that I hang from a belt loop ... 8)

OOTBubby

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 8:30 pm
I'm also a minimalist. Very small (but with a shoulder strap -- I like my hands free and often don't have pockets) with just my phone (which is a PDF phone which contains much of what other people have in their bags and more -- sefer tehillim, full siddur, other texts that I say daily, maps of the US & Canada, photos of the entire family, lots of music, lots of novels, full calendar, phone book, etc., grocery list, assorted notes, weather forecast and more), a cc, money and a blank check or 2.

chaylizi

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 8:34 pm
2 sizes of diapers, package of wipes, change of clothes for the baby, assorted pacifiers, zipper wallet with my license & cards, assorted coupons & receipts, nasal bulb aspirator, tissues, keys, pen, pocket mincha/maariv/bentcher, camera, cell phone, several pony holders...

ss321

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 9:03 pm
diapers
wipes
balmex
small bag of kleenex
extra undershirts for both kids
baby food
chocolate bar or other such "emergency" treat
small bottle
extra powdered forumla
(sometimes-depending on how far were doing-extra pre-made in a can formula)
water bottle

wallet
sunglasses

phone
palm pilot
Ipod (usually)
camera
keys
perfume, lipstick, mascara

baby tylenol along with a portable pharmacy of other emergency drugs lol

If I didnt have my palm my purse would be overflowing with far more stuff. But I try to keep "organized" that way. B"H I dont have many spare papers and stuff b/c of it....

uh thats all I can think of...

zaq

Post Sat, Jan 10 2009, 9:12 pm
avigailmiriam wrote:
In my bag

1. Folding cane.
2. A vintage tin lunchbox with my prescriptions.
3. A tiffin holding my lunch.
4. A thermos.
5. An extra sweater.
6. Shoes for work; I wear snowboots to commute.
7. Extra scarf.
8. Book to read.
9. Wallet.
10. Another book.
11. Pens, pencils, etc.

what's a tiffin? sounds like a small aquatic bird.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics