Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Playmobil

beth

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:13 am
my kids love playmobil and we have a lot of little peices.does anyone have an idea how to organize?

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 1:34 am
We have the big zoo set (it was a gift). We keep the zoo together on top of a bookcase in the playroom, and all the little pieces in a basket (up out of reach, they have to ask for it).

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 2:15 am
We bought 2 plastic "tool" cases at Home Depot. They come with arrangeable compartments. The cases are flat, deep enough for a few playmobile things per compartment and come with a carrying handle. I think we've had them for about 15 years already, maybe more. This way the kids can open the case, see what they want and take it out without having to dig through a basket, and tossing the things which don't interest them.

mali

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 4:53 am
the kids pack it in one jumble into a container, and they enjoy putting it back together again each time. (they always come up with new arrangements. the last time I caught them planting a bush in someone's head).

mommy24

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 9:41 am
For the bigger pieces, ie trucks, big sets, we keep it in big containers and the kids rebuild them each time. For the little pieces, ppl and their accessories we did like Tamiri- got each child a case with compartments so everything is separate, I think it even came with playmobil pieces ($12 you got the case plus all the people and accessories and you can fit much more in there). For one of my kids, the separating into compartments was driving him crazy- it took too long to clean up and not enough time to play- so we got him a sterilite container with a good cover. Then all the kids wanted one and as thier collections grew, we got each of them a sterilite container to put their bigger pieces- horses, carts, etc that were still too small for the big container.

pecan

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 9:45 am
All small pieces go in shoe boxes and the bigger pieces go on the shelves.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 11 2009, 10:00 am
I have three medium size bin drawers all on one shelf in the closet-one for people and hats and accesories, one for small furniture, and one for all other little pieces. One top of the bins are the mobile, trucks, cars, neatly layed out.

Mishie

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 5:30 am
They have a couple of Pirate ships, doll-houses etc... which we keep on shelves in the playroom.
All the little people and accessories go into one of the plastic drawers, in the unit in the playroom. which they remove and place on the floor while they're playing, and return to the unit when they're done.

p.s. My kids get a real kick out of who can make the funniest person? I.E. a lady, with a beard, a suitcase in one hand, with a gun in the other, wearing a funny hat, and going ice-skating.....

happyone

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 6:16 am
I keep the original boxes and store in zip lock bags in those original cartons. The one box that fell apart and got thrown out, I put in a big box and pieces separated by diff. size Ziplock bags.

SingALong

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 11:02 am
I have a castle, a bakery and 2 bedroom sets. I keep them all separate in their own containers. after cleaning up the castle every week, and losing pieces frequently, I finally put it into storage with all the pieces in a separate box and I will take it out once in awhile for my DD age 4. I also keep the bakery high up with the pieces in a box and I take it down once in awhiel for my DD.

I wouldnt mind getting her some more sets but the mess is too much and she doesnt know how to organize stuff yet.

that tool box sounds like a good idea. is it too heavy for the kids to pick up?

momto1

Post Tue, Jan 13 2009, 2:31 pm
playmobil

Last edited by momto1 on Sun, Jan 24 2010, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mishie

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 6:57 am
Sara, where do you live?

chaylizi

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 8:54 am
sarah613 wrote:
BTW - I once bought a lot of playmobil items and I have lots of new ones - sealed - at great prices. You can contact me if you would might be interested.

I'm interested. We love playmobil.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics