Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What kinds of reward?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 4:38 am
For my younger kids, they're happy with a sticker, but with the older ones, no way!! When I want to give them a reward for abc, I'm not sure what to give. I don't really like giving money because... I don't want to give them any sort of toy because they have about a million or 2 Rolling Eyes . My 9 yr old ds thought of a very good reward for him once, he got to sleep in his Aba's bed one night. My dh is not home 2-3 nights a week, so it was perfect. Mind you, my 4 yr old sleeps there almost every night regardless Confused . Last night he (9yr old) helped me move the pantry around. I paid him because I figured it was a big job and "hard labor". A lot of times my reward is a kiss, but they want something else. Sometimes I think a reward to spend time just with me, but 1. that shouldn't be a reward, we should do it anyway and 2. I have a baby and other kids, so it's hard and usually the kids are in school or camp the whole day. Any ideas?? TIA

Tamiri

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 7:01 am
If your kid likes money, that's a great reward as long as it's for something "special" and not for things he should be doing anyway.
You want him to feel like a part of the family, not hired help.
How much do *you* get "rewarded", and for what LOL ?

red sea

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 7:16 am
how about a certain special game they get to play with your or your dh as a reward so its not the quality time per se but also a special game reserved only to play with a parent for rwards?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children