Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What do you do? want ideas

amother

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 10:36 am
I'm currently a SAHM and im really not so cut out for it. I have a B.A. and would like to go on for a masters but I don't have any specific field that is drawing me. so I guess what im looking for is an idea of a field that might interest me- so what do you do? do you like it? would you go into it again if you were starting over? was it extremely inpractical with kids?

happymom

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 10:45 am
Quote:
I'm currently a SAHM and im really not so cut out for it

I dont think anybody is "cut out for it" its a hard job that some people make work... by making a schedule.. getting together with other mothers.. and focusing on the fact that u are doing what is best for ure children.. Im not putting u down for wanting to go to work.. I just wanted to comment on that point.

Last edited by happymom on Wed, Feb 08 2006, 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total

stem

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 10:51 am
You could start a business that you could run from the home.

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 11:26 am
what do you have a b.a. in? I have about another 25 credits until I complete my b.a. in psychology, and I am looking into going for a masters in school psych afterwards, as the pay is decent and the hours work well with a family.

as for now, I am fortunate enough to work in a very well paying office, but it's certainly not a career.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:16 pm
happymom wrote:
Quote:
I'm currently a SAHM and im really not so cut out for it

I dont think anybody is "cut out for it" its a hard job that some people make work... by making a schedule.. getting together with other mothers.. and focusing on the fact that u are doing what is best for ure children.. Im not putting u down for wanting to go to work.. I just wanted to comment on that point.

yes, these are things I have been doing. I have a lot of other reasons that I want to work

Shimmysmom

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 4:19 pm
nicole81 wrote:
what do you have a b.a. in? I have about another 25 credits until I complete my b.a. in psychology, and I am looking into going for a masters in school psych afterwards, as the pay is decent and the hours work well with a family.

as for now, I am fortunate enough to work in a very well paying office, but it's certainly not a career.

I actually have a psych degree too. I chose psych because I thought it was broad enough and I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I thought I would figure it out on the way. lol, it's many years later and I am no closer to a decision.

ektsm

Post Sat, Feb 11 2006, 9:59 pm
Did you ever think of volunteering a few hours a day? This way you can get out a little bit but don't have the same commitment for going everyday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics