Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
DISGUSTING CANDY!!!!!!! jelly belly pet rat
Previous  1  2  3  Next

bubby

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 7:58 am
OMG, Pinkie!!! Puke Puke Puke

I always knew you were...different!

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 9:08 am
shosh wrote:
How revolting!!! I'm so glad I haven't yet seen any of this disgusting stuff in the Holy Land. What hechsher are they?

ou

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 12:55 pm
[quote="Raisin"]
pinktichel wrote:
how in the world did they figure out how to flavour them? did someone sit there tasting snot, vomit and babywipes?

What's the big deal, for vomit - just blend all the flavors together and add some acid. really now, no big deal.

tovasmom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:19 pm
The toothpaste flavored ones are pretty good.

supermama2

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:27 pm
shosh wrote:
How revolting!!! I'm so glad I haven't yet seen any of this disgusting stuff in the Holy Land. What hechsher are they?

lol

I can't believe the ear wax candy yuck..

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:30 pm
How is a jelly rat any worse than gummy bears, gummy worms, gummy snakes or marzipan pigs, you should excuse the expression?

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:32 pm
what expression?

Also, I haven't seen any of these things, while it's totally disgusting, I'm sure the 6-11 age loves it!

bebe3

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:36 pm
I had to scroll through the pics real quick, nasty people. yech!

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:37 pm
sadly, I love gummy worms.

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:50 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Also, I haven't seen any of these things, while it's totally disgusting, I'm sure the 6-11 age loves it!

I agree! I have a feeling that meetings in the marketing department go something like, "Great idea! We can mold things into disgusting shapes or give them obnoxious names that moms will hate. Boys ages 6-11 will want to buy even more!"

On the other hand, if eating a kosher gummy rat provides my kids with enough daring to satiate their cravings to push the envelope a bit, then things are pretty good!

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 1:56 pm
Now the scorpions... that is really something. Quadruple EWW.

BTW, anyone who has ever vomited should know what vomit tastes like.
I wouldn't be able to bring myself to taste those horrors.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 2:05 pm
We bought some of those rats and alligators about a month ago and mailed them to my aunt. She called us roaring with laughter. Her kids had a blast with them!!

BrachaC

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:11 pm
I couldn't resist adding a post: we visited the Jelly Belly factory outside of Chicago and bought a large bag of the bean boozled (distgusting flavor jelly beans) since then they have come out at each Friday night Oneg we have hosted for NCSYers and are always a big hit, ice breaker, and all around fun for the boys! I agree they are distugusting, but the kids love them.

BlumaG

Post Wed, Jan 28 2009, 1:15 pm
my sis bought the bamboozled ones for DH but since all the adults were too chicken to try em we fed em to my 5 yr old daughter - she saw jelly beans the next day and asked if those were the pepper and puke ones Wink

leomom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:52 am
I'm sorry, but gross, seriously. Disgusting. Not funny disgusting, just truly worthy of this: Puke

I find it kind of offensive that these things have a hechsher. Obviously I understand that the ingredients are kosher, but having a rabbinical stamp of approval on things that are loathsome... what message does it send... to kids? to the world?

I'm serious, although not as serious as I sound when I reread my thoughts in writing here. But serious enough that I would keep these types of things far from my children and would treat them as nasty if they showed up uninvited in my home or at my children's school, etc.

We teach kids to say brachos thanking Hashem for their food. These "kosher foods" seem to make a mockery of the whole idea of eating to elevate, eating to gain strength to do mitzvos, even eating as enjoyment because Hashem gave us that gift. Do you say a bracha before eating a vomit-flavored jelly bean??

Wretched, literally wretched. Blah.

bandcm

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:11 am
I agree with YY. I hope never to meet these awful creations.

Nicole

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 10:18 pm
Okay, the vomit one is definitely gross. As is booger.
Our family loves to "play" with these jelly beans. We go around the table, every person needs to eat one, with everyone else watching... and then tell us if it's... say, booger, or juicy pear!
it's great! Very Happy

leomom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 11:51 pm
Sorry, Nicole, but really.... blaaaahhhhhhhhhh

It's nothing personal, I think you are a lovely person from what I can tell from your posts Very Happy and I wouldn't comment if you hadn't told us all about it, but thinking about kids doing this just makes me really nauseated. I'm glad it's fun for some people, maybe, I guess, but it's a stretch for me to even say that much.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 7:40 am
I bought a package of "KATHY" taffys the other day - a throwback to my childhood. THE STRAWBERRY FLAVORED TAFFY TOTALLY TASTES LIKE VOMIT. !!!

Nicole

Post Sat, Feb 07 2009, 11:21 pm
Oh yeah, and we had some yeshiva boys over one shabbos meal, friends of bil. Bil put the bean boozleds into a silver candy dish, and I watched, wide eyed, as his friends laughed and talked while noshing on them without blinking an eye!
When we finally let them in on the secret, and they started reading the back of the box, they were like, hmm.... banana or earwax... well, that's okay, I like both of those flavors!

Bleeeeeeeeeeechhhhhh! Very Happy
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics