Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
How much money does ur dh give you???
1  2  Next

Lefty

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:26 pm
For those women that ask their hubs for some cash when they run out of it..
I was wondering how much money he would give you at once, w/o you telling him exactly what u need to buy. U just let him know that u simply ran out of cash and u need to refill ur wallet....
Does he ask you what u want to spend on the next couple of days and then hands u over the money?
Or does he take out a few hundred bux and throws it at u w/o any questions??

orrr????
Just curious

Maya

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:28 pm
He asks me how much I want, and I usually tell him what it's for, but he doesn't need an exact account.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:37 pm
I usually try to work with $150 dollars a week including groceries. often there are extra expenses. We keep an envelope of cash for just those expenses: like dentist, fixing sheitel (not wash and set, more $$) etc..

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:56 pm
I have a credit card. I use it when I please. I tell my dh what I spend on. Not because I have to but because I'm a blabber mouth and I say everything.

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 25 2009, 10:59 pm
my own personal expenses can come out between $0 and $20 a week. I don't do the shopping (grocery). I don't usually buy clothes unless we need it. I wash and set my own shaitel (which can look fabulous btw, when I actually take the time to do it).

catonmylap

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 12:31 am
When I run out of cash, I often ask dh, do you have any money? And he will say, yes, take, or no, I'm down to 100 shekels or something like that..... I take his wallet or he throws it over and I take as much as I need/want-no questions asked...

Marion

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 1:41 am
I use very little cash these days. Everything goes on the credit card. (I don't believe in tashlumim though.) I ask DH for about 800NIS/month, and that covers what I need beyond the credit card.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 10:07 am
When I need cash, he just asks how much and then gives it to me or tells me where the money is.

TightRopeWalker

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 7:59 pm
I use my credit card. He takes out cash when I tell him we're low, only because he works closer to the bank. He knows that I am financially responsible, and I don't have to "ask" him for money. We work as a team to live within our means.

yoy

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:05 pm
I gotta say Im surprised at these responses so far. We both have bank cards with access to the cash. Big purchases are discussed, otherwise we both know whats in there and what we can both withdraw. (This sytem worked when my husband was in kollel and college and I worked or when I was post baby and only he worked) Personally, I dont believe in having to ask a spouse for money - the couple should both be able to share that power regardless of who MAKES the money ( I would feel childish asking for or receiving an allowance, but maybe that's just me?)
Either way, I guess whatever works for that couple.....no two are alike!

HappyPurim

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:08 pm
when I got married I always used to ask him , and I always underestimated my grocery bill or other stuff, for years now I shop everything with credit card, dont remember the last time I had to ask him for cash.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:08 pm
yoy wrote:
I gotta say Im surprised at these responses so far. We both have bank cards with access to the cash. Big purchases are discussed, otherwise we both know whats in there and what we can both withdraw. (This sytem worked when my husband was in kollel and college and I worked or when I was post baby and only he worked) Personally, I dont believe in having to ask a spouse for money - the couple should both be able to share that power regardless of who MAKES the money ( I would feel childish asking for or receiving an allowance, but maybe that's just me?)

For some of us, it's better if our husband have some sort of cheshbon of how much we spend. Otherwise, we'd be broke. Wink

yoy

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:15 pm
Maya- I hear ya loud and clear- that's why I said "personally"....but yea, some women\men are overspenders, and their spouse has gotta be the budgeter- so whatever works. I need to know that I can access the account if I need to, I would feel stifled if my husband controlled teh finances, but If I abused teh finances I guess I would understand.

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:32 pm
The finances are not controlled. In addition to cash, I have my own credit card to use whenever I please. But I like it when I gotta give some sort of account at the end of the month.

toastedbagel

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:36 pm
I also am not quite understanding all the posts - I spend whatever I need to, I don't ever have to ask. we discuss with each other bigger items, but for buying household basics, why would I have to ask? Believe me, we are not wealthy, but we both trust each other that we buy what we need, so why should I have to ask?
We both have bank cards, credit cards, check books when we can find where we put them LOL , access to all the account thru net banking, etc
I do have a separate account where I put my earnings, but he has access to it as well, it's more just so it gets saved for bigger things and not spent on groceries that we have it separate, not to keep it away from anyone. I think neither spouse should be in control of the finances more than the other. Obviously some people are fine with that, but I think it puts women in a second-class position in general to constatnly have to be asking, and in a situation where r"l a marriage is falling apart and becoming abusive, it puts the woman in a very very weak position.
oh, and sometimes when my husband has cash he will just randomly give it to me and say "here, buy yourself something nice" although I usually take it and say thanks, but just put it back in the main account...

newmom

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 8:48 pm
My DH doesn't GIVE ME anything. We are equals, and both have equal access to OUR $.

Leahh

Post Mon, Jan 26 2009, 9:25 pm
I have a credit card and am free to charge as much as I choose to it.
As far as cash goes, its really not necessary for me to have it as I use the credit card but I always liked haveing cash on me (makes me feel secure if an emergency situation would arise). I can go to the bank to take out money but its much simpler for me to goto my DH's pocket so I ask him if he has and if yes I take what I want and if not he knows to go to the bank and get some for me.
He makes fun of my 'sickness' that I need to have cash but never denies me of it. If he would I would just go to the bank myself.

Marion

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 1:48 am
My DH has a bank card, I don't. Because here the bank charges you an annual fee for the card (they call it insurance, but it doesn't do much!), and I refuse to pay for 2 cards. Technically I can withdraw cash from the account with the credit card, but that only works if I can remember the code! I could get DH a credit card too, but there's no point. That would be a disaster!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 5:11 am
Maya wrote:
yoy wrote:

For some of us, it's better if our husband have some sort of cheshbon of how much we spend. Otherwise, we'd be broke. Wink
and for me it is the exact opposite. I usually am the one who "holds" the money. my husband is the "big spender", but now that I am home with our baby, my husband gets to an ATM machine much easier than I can.
but same as posters who say that it is an equal thing.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 27 2009, 6:14 am
Yes he asks if it's just common situation or if I need something special so he knows how much to give me. He doesn't ask why unless he's curious, and he wouldn't ask if I took directly from the account, but I've lost my bank card. Account wise we are with equal rights on it
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains