Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Mazel tov! It's a boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, boy, girl, girl!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

chavamom

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:44 pm
Yeah, I ran into a similar article. Check out the video where they discuss the ethics/legal situation. Apparently in CA, the mother gets to choose how many eggs they implant. And ALL of her children have been conceived with IVF from a sperm donor. shock
http://www.ktla.com/landing_to.....=1198

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:47 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Please tell me that this is a really bad movie.

no but stay tuned, either you'll see it as a lifetime movie of the week within 6 months or on law & order within 3(with some murder twist added in)

chavamom

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:48 pm
The video I posted said she's been approached to do a reality show. Of course.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:49 pm
chavamom wrote:
The video I posted said she's been approached to do a reality show. Of course.

I wont watch

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 7:51 pm
even sicker

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/t.....1.ece

avigayil

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 8:08 pm
I can't believe the media hyper feeding into this woman craziness. I feel really bad for those poor babies.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 10:43 pm
If youre in the mood to read a really long article, this one totally totally sums it up.It couldnt be said better.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/248615.html

curlytop

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 11:25 pm
really sickening
what has this world come to???
I just don't get how anyone can be addicted to pregnancies Confused

leomom

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 11:32 pm
Does anyone else think it's interesting that the father named on the birth certificate for the first six children is "David Solomon" -- which sounds Jewish, fine, apparently a sperm donor. But then this article says the woman's last name was Doud, and she then changed it to Suleman. Doud Suleman sounds like David Solomon....

Which means absolutely nothing except that I think it's an interesting tidbit and I am procrastinating about doing the laundry.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Jan 31 2009, 11:47 pm
that *IS* cute!

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 1:02 am
Doud is David in Arabic and Suleman is Soloman. You weren't the only one to catch that.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 2:51 am
I agree this case is unbelievably sick, but is anyone worried it might have repercussions on IVF guidelines etc? What is going to happen now if a married frum woman (possibly without an 'employment history') with four children wants to have more children? Or even with two children? Some of the comments on those websites about not allowing IVF, or against large families, because of the population explosion were really scary.

Also one of the sites asked why the woman was 'allowed' not to reduce the number of embryos? Although I think many rabbonim would allow such reduction, it is still an ethical/ personal and halachic (for someone Jewish) decision.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 2:59 am
shalhevet wrote:
I agree this case is unbelievably sick, but is anyone worried it might have repercussions on IVF guidelines etc? What is going to happen now if a married frum woman (possibly without an 'employment history') with four children wants to have more children? Or even with two children? Some of the comments on those websites about not allowing IVF, or against large families, because of the population explosion were really scary.

Also one of the sites asked why the woman was 'allowed' not to reduce the number of embryos? Although I think many rabbonim would allow such reduction, it is still an ethical/ personal and halachic (for someone Jewish) decision.

Supposedly there already are guidelines in place. Doesn't mean they're accepted world-wide or that every clinic in the US is going to hold by these guidelines.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:33 am
I dont think they could make any guidelines on how many kids one is allowed to have before doing IVF. Just like there are no guidelines on how many kids a fertile woman is allowed to have. They could only put a limit on the amount of embryos allowed to be implanted, according to age and history.

But this story is really sick. Divorced grandparents living together. Mother married till last year, yet all her kids are from a different father. yuck.

BeershevaBubby

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 3:48 am
Sorry, I meant there are guidelines regarding how many embryos should be implanted.

There are no guidelines, AFAIK, regarding how many kids a woman can or cannot have before going through any kind of fertility treatment.

leomom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 10:44 pm
chavamom wrote:
Doud is David in Arabic and Suleman is Soloman. You weren't the only one to catch that.

I didn't think I was the first or only... (I thought Doud was the same as David so thank you for confirming!) unless you're just saying that you noticed it too?

Anyway, I haven't seen this factoid mentioned anywhere in the articles I've read, that's all. It just makes you say hmmmm.

ganizzy

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:00 pm
shalhevet - u have reason to worry. I just read an article I think from drudge report that some guy in the govt is saying that people should be limited to only 2 kids bec more is really bad for the enviroment.(one of those green people) now that is scary. im sure they cant stop people from having babies but if they start making rules about ivf ?!?

but anyways which frum women would go for ivf with twin 2 yr olds not to mention 4 other kids under the age of 8.

one thing that bothers me is if ur going to put in so much effort to have kids and u "love" having kids so much - then why are u in school a whole day? whos looking after ur precious children that u love and did ivf for???

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:14 pm
yy wrote:
unless you're just saying that you noticed it too?

Yup! I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere either.

chavamom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:16 pm
ganizzy wrote:
shalhevet - u have reason to worry. I just read an article I think from drudge report that some guy in the govt is saying that people should be limited to only 2 kids bec more is really bad for the enviroment.(one of those green people) now that is scary. im sure they cant stop people from having babies but if they start making rules about ivf ?!?

No, it's a guy in the British gov't. I heard him interviewed on NPR and he was a real pompous #$(&)#@$. He said no gov't is ever going to "do the right thing" and promote this b/c "governments are wimps".

Edited to add the link.

leomom

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:21 pm
chavamom wrote:
yy wrote:
unless you're just saying that you noticed it too?

Yup! I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere either.

Should we alert the news agencies?? 8)
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics