Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Owners manuals

Mrs. XYZ

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 1:23 pm
What do you do with the manuals/instructions that come with products and appliances? Do you keep them all? for how long? throw them all out? only keep the ones from major items?

I save everything and I have a whole box full of them, and its just getting fuller. But many times I had to refer to them, for warrantee info, replacement parts, or general info (and its a crazy jobs searching and finding the right one!). Just wondering if anyone else also saves them all.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 1:26 pm
I keep them or most of them, and leave them in the vicinity of where the product is. For the kitchen products, I leave in the draw under my oven. I think my phone one is under my phone. I have a desk that has other ones.

cassandra

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 1:28 pm
I bought this black folder made for organizing manuals and I leave it in my file cabinet. When there is no more room in it for new ones I throw some out.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 1:35 pm
I wish I were that organized. We usu. buy something, put the manual on a shelf and leave it there forever, of course forgetting where it is.

I've heard people buying three ring binders and plastic sleeves and just putting them in there.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 1:36 pm
I keep them in a file in the filing cabinet. Every so often I throw out the ones I no longer need. It usually happens when there is no more room to add the new manual!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 2:02 pm
I also keep them in a file drawer... when I forget to file them right away, they get lost.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 2:05 pm
I keep them for a few days just till I get a hang of using the products and then I throw them out.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 6:24 pm
I only keep the "big ones" - appliances etc.

queen

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 7:33 pm
We have a drawer set aside for all these manuals, in the basement

GetReal

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 8:59 pm
They're all in a box, on a high shelf in a closet...and when I need it, I'm too lazy to get it down and I look online. I find most of them online.

Blair

Post Thu, Jan 29 2009, 11:37 pm
We have a notebook with plastic divider sheets to keep each one in. Every year we go threw it and see if we still have that item and if we don't we throw out the manual/warranty. They just don't make stuff the way they use to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics