Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Nap time questions

Frumom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 10:04 pm
Trying to figure it all out:
How often does your baby nap?
Where: swing, rocker, bassinet, crib, other?
At what age do babies need consistency with where they sleep for their nap?

Sorry for sounding so clueless. I was gonna post this anonymously, but I am a first time mom and I guess I'm allowed to ask embarrassed

raizy

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 11:24 pm
well mazel tov on your new arrival. but usally in the beginging . whereever and however they doze off . I let them be there to nap. but if u can manage to get your bundle to a crib (flat surface)without waking them up . then try that. it is better for their backs.

also some babies are cranky in the begining and I usally let them swing away in the swing. even at night. anything to get me some sleep in the beginging.

Frumom

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 9:39 am
Thanks Raizy, my baby is 4 and a half months old already, but he loves falling asleep in the swing, its relaxing I guess so it tires him out. Am I supposed to move him when he falls asleep in it?

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 1:42 pm
I guess at about 5.5 or 6 months I started putting dd in her crib for naps and before then it didn't really matter to me, she would fall asleep on the living room floor sometimes while playing! I never moved her when she napped until this age, when I put her in the crib as soon as I saw her getting tired.

Frumom

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 9:07 pm
Thanks Nicole, thats what I figured. I dont deliberately put him in the swing when hes tired, but if hes in there and starts falling asleep I leave him there while he sleeps.

grs

Post Mon, Feb 20 2006, 9:06 pm
Int he beginnning I let my babies sleep wherever they managed to fall asleep, but I found theat when they slept/napped in thecrib it was a longer and better nep. It was hard at first to get them to fall asleep there but I found it worth the efforts to put them down there. Enjoy your baby. The first can be overwhelming at times, don't feel bad asking questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics