Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ob-gyn in jerusalem covered by meuchedet
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

climbing613

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 5:48 am
anyone know of an good ones? it's my 1st time-very nervous!!!

smiley:)

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 5:49 am
Lots of ppl are happy with Pinelis (in town Rechov Shatz and pisgat zev), lots with Roznak (in geula). Do you have any particular criteria?

Strawberry

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 5:53 am
Dr Statman

meirav

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 6:00 am
I'll second Dr. Micki Stetman. He's located in Geulah. He's a mench and the appointments last more than 8.4 seconds.

I used Roszak for my first pregnancy, but as far as I know, he only does high-risk or IF right now.

devowitz

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 6:13 am
Dr. Rosnak is very good as a doctor.
One thing to watch out for is that he sometimes tries tells you halachos, such as ''That procedure does not make you nidda'' etc. Always get the facts from him, so you can ask your Rov. He has some shittos that you may not have. For example, that Dam Makka from inside the uterus is Tahor. Most rabannim hold otherwise.

smiley:)

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 6:55 am
meirav wrote:
I'll second Dr. Micki Stetman. He's located in Geulah. He's a mench and the appointments last more than 8.4 seconds.

I used Roszak for my first pregnancy, but as far as I know, he only does high-risk or IF right now.

I'm using Roznak for the first time this pregnancy. I'm not high risk.

fiddle

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 6:59 am
Strawberry wrote:
Dr Statman

ill fourth him, I liked him, I wasnt high risk and he was a pleasure, spoke english fluently, I cant say hes the most intelligent doctor, but pleasant, personable and a mench.

meirav

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:06 am
smiley:) wrote:

I'm using Roznak for the first time this pregnancy. I'm not high risk.

I tried using him during my second pregnancy, but they wouldn't let me. I think someone told me that he only takes high-risk now. I guess they were wrong.

He was okay, but I can't say I would recommend him.

mom2bsn

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:07 am
dr horenreich works out of shefa, speaks perfect english..very sweet, female

shosh

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:15 am
I liked Dr. Foss in Har Nof.

Seraph

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:26 am
I used Dr Roznak. I liked him, he was very professional and very nice.
He is very non alarmist- perhaps almost to an extreme. I liked that though bec I go overboard panicking and he helped me stay calm.
Downsides with him- he's not pro natural and if u have a question about s/t natural he'll dismiss you and say "well you shouldn't do that anyhow". Also, he's VERY into ultrasounds- does one per visit- so if you're chabad and no ultrasounds, he's out. He told my chabad friend to find another doc when she said she doesnt want an ultrasound.

Oh- and as a positive- I found him to be very knowledgable and respectful of the charedi way of life and doesnt impose his veiws on you- like he offered me tests but said "but just so you know, the avg charedi woman doesn't do these tests".

natmichal

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:37 am
Dr Bar-On - he's excellent and works as an ob-gyn adviser for the yoatzot halacha in nishmat. he knows a lot about halacha but knows his place is not the rabbi's place... he also knows what is important (and what's less...) for a religious woman.
Dr Picard- I didn't know she took mehuchadet till my friend did... she's excellent. if she's worried about something then it's for real (will n ever put you in high risk or anything unless it is serious). also - she's doesn't look it but she is religious and understands our values. she's considered a very good doctor and works in ein kerem hospital too. she's also very likeable...

any of these two are great-I've had good experience and good feedback from both- I'd go for dr picard since she's a woman (but I'm maccabi so I'm left with dr bar on...).

Strawberry

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 7:46 am
Ima0f2 wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
Dr Statman

ill fourth him, I liked him, I wasnt high risk and he was a pleasure, spoke english fluently, I cant say hes the most intelligent doctor, but pleasant, personable and a mench.

Can you please explain?

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 8:14 am
I use Rosnak too.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 8:18 am
natmichal wrote:
Dr Bar-On - he's excellent and works as an ob-gyn adviser for the yoatzot halacha in nishmat. he knows a lot about halacha but knows his place is not the rabbi's place... he also knows what is important (and what's less...) for a religious woman.
Dr Picard- I didn't know she took mehuchadet till my friend did... she's excellent. if she's worried about something then it's for real (will n ever put you in high risk or anything unless it is serious). also - she's doesn't look it but she is religious and understands our values. she's considered a very good doctor and works in ein kerem hospital too. she's also very likeable...

any of these two are great-I've had good experience and good feedback from both- I'd go for dr picard since she's a woman (but I'm maccabi so I'm left with dr bar on...).

I use Dr. Bar-On too. I'd also recommend him.

climbing613

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 8:51 am
thanks a lot for all of the answers. my big thing is for the doctor to be as knowledgeable and intelligent and professional as possible. I've heard of too many experiences where that was not the case. also, to be kind and not think they know everything and your opinions don't count... I don't have family here so I need to have someone good that I know knows what's going on, what's a problem, what's not and understands our chareidi values. so who's the top pick?

shabri

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 8:55 am
I use Dr. Pollack in Bikur Cholim hospital. I am super impressed with him. But it is hard to get appts. I schedule all of mine for the whole pregnancy at the begining. Otherwise you will never get an appt.

Strawberry

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 8:59 am
shabri wrote:
I use Dr. Pollack in Bikur Cholim hospital. I am super impressed with him. But it is hard to get appts. I schedule all of mine for the whole pregnancy at the begining. Otherwise you will never get an appt.

Yes, It is very hard to get an appointment with Dr. Pollack. I called a week before I gave birth to make a post partum appointment. The net available appointment was 13 weeks later. How helpful.

Also, he doesn't have the best bedside manner if that is important to you.

shabri

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 10:45 am
Strawberry wrote:
shabri wrote:

Yes, It is very hard to get an appointment with Dr. Pollack. I called a week before I gave birth to make a post partum appointment. The net available appointment was 13 weeks later. How helpful.

Also, he doesn't have the best bedside manner if that is important to you.

I usually call when I figure ut I am pregnant and get an appt around week 10/11. At the same time, I schedule all my appts throughout the pregnancy.

In terms of his bedside manner, thats what I've heard. But I disagree. I and all of my friends who use him really like him. But you def have to appreciate him. In terms of diagnostics and medical knowledge, he is tops.

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Feb 01 2009, 11:02 am
I had to see Dr. Pollak once, 6 years ago when I was expecting my first.

I do not want to go into details, you may PM me if it's pertinent to you specifically, and I know many people have only great things to say about him.

I left his office in tears. I have never been treated that way before. I am not an emotional person and do not cry easily but I would never go back there if he was the last OB on earth.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions