Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ob-gyn in jerusalem covered by meuchedet
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 4:48 am
shabri wrote:
Actually what I had heard was that he works for BL and if you pay him $600 he pulls some "strings" to get ppl on earlier. How is it yashar? thats why DH wouldn't use him

If the law is you have to be here 6 months before getting on, how can it be yashar for him to get you on beforehand?

Getting on both a kuppah and BL is pretty straight forward. Just get all the paperwork, go to the offices and do your thing.

Actually we were NOT on BL for the first 6 months. We were only on Meuchedet which we paid for (his fee of $600 includes the 6 months of meuchedet payed by US not BL.) So we were on kupa but not bl until 6 months passed. That is exactly the law.

I KNOW I was not on BL for 6 months because I went down to apply after 6 months and had to reapply to kupa once bl kicked in. I also had to leave a check (dagan gave a check so he dealt with reimbursemnet instead of us) until they got paid by bl.

So tell me, what is not yashur here??? (or is it all motzei sheim rah?)

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 4:57 am
chavamom wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:

dr maayani.......women not so great.

I was majorly misdiagnosed by her TWICE. She "diagnosed" me with pre-eclampsia at 20 weeks of pregnancy, put me on medication - never did any lab work, made the "diagnosis" based on BP's from one day alone, dangerously lowered my BP with the medication ...... pure malpractice. Then I had the unfortunate experience of winding up in the ER when she was on and she told me my baby was dead. That "dead baby" is now 15 and sweeping the floor behind me as I type. So, yeah, "not so great" would be a bit of an understatement.

shock I used her. The only thing that happened was she gave me a hafnaya for a step test w/o telling e about it. shock Too bad I wasn't on imamother then.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 4:59 am
Strawberry wrote:
shabri wrote:
Actually what I had heard was that he works for BL and if you pay him $600 he pulls some "strings" to get ppl on earlier. How is it yashar? thats why DH wouldn't use him

If the law is you have to be here 6 months before getting on, how can it be yashar for him to get you on beforehand?

Getting on both a kuppah and BL is pretty straight forward. Just get all the paperwork, go to the offices and do your thing.

Actually we were NOT on BL for the first 6 months. We were only on Meuchedet which we paid for (his fee of $600 includes the 6 months of meuchedet payed by US not BL.) So we were on kupa but not bl until 6 months passed. That is exactly the law.

I KNOW I was not on BL for 6 months because I went down to apply after 6 months and had to reapply to kupa once bl kicked in. I also had to leave a check (dagan gave a check so he dealt with reimbursemnet instead of us) until they got paid by bl.

If its yashar so what would be the use of using him? We got meuchedet and after enough time passed got onto bituach leumi w/o major problems.

Strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 5:05 am
Aidelmom wrote:
Strawberry wrote:
shabri wrote:

If its yashar so what would be the use of using him? We got meuchedet and after enough time passed got onto bituach leumi w/o major problems.

For convenience. This is what I posted earlier:

Mr. Dagan provides a service for people who recently moved to EY. For the first 6 months you have to pay for your own medical insurance (after 6 months bl pays). He does all the paperwork, makes you appointments and gets you on insurance right away. (This insurance does not include birth.) He will lay out the $$ for you if you give birth before 6 months. He tells you exactly what you need to bring to all appointments so that you dont get sent away empty handed for insufficient paperwork. People use him so that they dont have to deal with all the crazyness right whn they arrive.

We used him knowing that we could do all this on our own (why should it be not yashrus if I can do it myself but he will do it for me ?) but chose to use Dagan because we had no time to do it ourselves. Mr Dagan SAVED us TIME and HASSLE. That is why we used him. Sure we could have done it ourselves but sometimes you get someone to do work you can do yourself because it is worth the money.

What is not yashur about that?????

Last edited by Strawberry on Wed, Feb 18 2009, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Marion

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 5:05 am
Aidelmom wrote:
chavamom wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:

I was majorly misdiagnosed by her TWICE. She "diagnosed" me with pre-eclampsia at 20 weeks of pregnancy, put me on medication - never did any lab work, made the "diagnosis" based on BP's from one day alone, dangerously lowered my BP with the medication ...... pure malpractice. Then I had the unfortunate experience of winding up in the ER when she was on and she told me my baby was dead. That "dead baby" is now 15 and sweeping the floor behind me as I type. So, yeah, "not so great" would be a bit of an understatement.

shock I used her. The only thing that happened was she gave me a hafnaya for a step test w/o telling e about it. shock Too bad I wasn't on imamother then.

I was actually quite pleased with her. She always made time for me and explained things. She's hard to reach depending on which office you see her at, but I never had an issue with her.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 5:08 am
sorry strawberry I scrolled back up and was about to edit. my question is can you get meuchedet on a tourist visa?

Strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 5:26 am
Yes. I do it all the time.

Last edited by Strawberry on Wed, Feb 18 2009, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 5:34 am
But it is not the same as when you are on BL. Now I am on BL and have Meuhedet like any Israeli. Before 6 months you have restirctions for some hospital things , birth is not covered and you have to go to a special branch every time you need an ishur (a pain). But you can go to all the meuhedet doctors.

willow

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 5:40 am
chavamom wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:

Wow I am glad I switched. I went two times but was really annoyed that she was always running late. I used Dr. Pinnelis by my first and he was amazing. Everything everyone else said. Natural, patient and thorough . Now I don't live in Y-m and I started going to Dr. statmen so far I think he is a mentch we will have to see though.

Health is a Virture

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 7:16 am
it could be that things have changed since 7 years ago when we used Dagan. But part of the method that he does is that he changes some dates on your passport. Go take a look. Is everything on your passport 100% correct? It could be times have changed and his methods have changed, but there definitely involves money going here and money transferring there. You also used to be put on bituach leumi before the year was up. Again, I reiterate it could be that things have changed. But then again there is really no reason to lay out 600 dollars. If you are supposed to legally get the money, you'll get it. The rules of the game have changed it sounds like so maybe the method too. I would just do thorough investigation b4 using him. We were told just call dagan and relied on that. Later, we found out the truth. It used to be that you couldn't get on meuchedet without bl now you can, so maybe now it is yashar. I don't know, but in the past it definitely was not all 100% yashur....not necessarily assur for you to do, just not 100% yashar.

Strawberry

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 7:24 am
Health is a Virture wrote:
it could be that things have changed since 7 years ago when we used Dagan. But part of the method that he does is that he changes some dates on your passport. Go take a look. Is everything on your passport 100% correct? It could be times have changed and his methods have changed, but there definitely involves money going here and money transferring there. You also used to be put on bituach leumi before the year was up. Again, I reiterate it could be that things have changed. But then again there is really no reason to lay out 600 dollars. If you are supposed to legally get the money, you'll get it. The rules of the game have changed it sounds like so maybe the method too. I would just do thorough investigation b4 using him. We were told just call dagan and relied on that. Later, we found out the truth. It used to be that you couldn't get on meuchedet without bl now you can, so maybe now it is yashar. I don't know, but in the past it definitely was not all 100% yashur....not necessarily assur for you to do, just not 100% yashar.

Yes. I askred dh and Dagan USED TO do something that wasn't 100% but got caught and now does everything according to the law. Our passports are exactly as we gave them to him (I know because I looked a while ago when I was firguring something out.)

Btw you only need to wait 6 months to get on to BL NOT a year.

Anyone that uses Dagan now uses him for convenience. He got us on insurance within a day or 2 (our funding not BL) and we would not have gotten around to it for a while. Dh visited the hospital the first week we were here and the hospital bill was more than the amount we spent on Dagan.

chavamom

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 1:01 pm
Marion wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:
chavamom wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:

I was actually quite pleased with her. She always made time for me and explained things. She's hard to reach depending on which office you see her at, but I never had an issue with her.

Yeah, she "explained" my "pre-eclampsia" and "dead baby" really well Rolling Eyes . I'm glad you had a good experience with her, but that was my experience and when I asked around back then, apparently I wasn't alone

HooRYou

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 1:37 pm
morkush wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:
I had to see Dr. Pollak once, 6 years ago when I was expecting my first.

I do not want to go into details, you may PM me if it's pertinent to you specifically, and I know many people have only great things to say about him.

I left his office in tears. I have never been treated that way before. I am not an emotional person and do not cry easily but I would never go back there if he was the last OB on earth.

Yep. I agree with you. Except by the time I had the appointment with him (at week 10, being the first available appt) I had already miscarried, and I was just going to check that everything was ok. And I had a horrible experence. I would not recommend him, even though medically, he is a great choice.

I felt I MUST interject here and stand up for Dr Pollak. I know people are saying everyone has a different experience but I know what my experience was and I have heard the same thing from others. Dr Pollak is a real mentsch who actually cares about his patients and their babies. I am not the only patient who offered to take him privately was told it wasn't necessary, but still received a private level of care! When my DH discussed it with him Dr Pollak told DH he was treating me l'shem shemayim. The only thing I can say is that it is probably hard to get an appointment but if you have any possibles concerns or doubts about having problems I don't think you are going to find a better Dr.

I have also seen Dr Pinelis, who was nice and some things might have been different if I was seeing him in a regular Meuhedet clinic instead of his clinic off of King George, but unless you are pretty confident that you are going to have an uncomplicated pregnancy I wouldn't suggest him. He was really nice, relaxed, gives his cell phone number to all his patients but he definitely would have missed my problem if I was not on t he ball about asking for the kind of care I wanted, but then again I am always a high-risk pg.

Bored

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 2:10 pm
Dr. Pinellis does NOT miss problems. He konws when to tell you there is a problem and when to dismiss the problem. Believe me! I know!

dats me

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 2:35 pm
I would like to put in a good word for Dr. Pollack too. He may not be the warmest guy around, but he was extremely nice to me throughout my pregnancy , and especially my birth - I had an emergency C section with him and he really calmed me down and was very patient with me. I also have to say that my recovery was amazing, dont know if thats due to him or not, but I had a very good experience with him.

shabri

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 2:47 pm
HooRYou wrote:
morkush wrote:
Mrs.K wrote:
I had to see Dr. Pollak once, 6 years ago when I was expecting my first.

I do not want to go into details, you may PM me if it's pertinent to you specifically, and I know many people have only great things to say about him.

I left his office in tears. I have never been treated that way before. I am not an emotional person and do not cry easily but I would never go back there if he was the last OB on earth.

Yep. I agree with you. Except by the time I had the appointment with him (at week 10, being the first available appt) I had already miscarried, and I was just going to check that everything was ok. And I had a horrible experence. I would not recommend him, even though medically, he is a great choice.

I felt I MUST interject here and stand up for Dr Pollak. I know people are saying everyone has a different experience but I know what my experience was and I have heard the same thing from others. Dr Pollak is a real mentsch who actually cares about his patients and their babies. I am not the only patient who offered to take him privately was told it wasn't necessary, but still received a private level of care! When my DH discussed it with him Dr Pollak told DH he was treating me l'shem shemayim. The only thing I can say is that it is probably hard to get an appointment but if you have any possibles concerns or doubts about having problems I don't think you are going to find a better Dr.

I have also seen Dr Pinelis, who was nice and some things might have been different if I was seeing him in a regular Meuhedet clinic instead of his clinic off of King George, but unless you are pretty confident that you are going to have an uncomplicated pregnancy I wouldn't suggest him. He was really nice, relaxed, gives his cell phone number to all his patients but he definitely would have missed my problem if I was not on t he ball about asking for the kind of care I wanted, but then again I am always a high-risk pg.

I'm happy you said this. I also am VERY happy with him. We (DH & I) actually like his personality, but I could understand how others won't. But he is an EXCELLENT Dr. both from a medical standpoint and when friends of ours had a baby with complications, he was there for them 100%. They sing his praises as well (and used him for subsequent babies). I find him to be clearheaded and calm. Not an alarmist but knows his stuff. And best part is he is ALWAYS available by e-mail. (usually replies within an hour or 2)

estyk

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 3:06 pm
HooRYou wrote:

Thank you for this. I've been debating with myself whether to put my opinion forth or not; I've used Dr. Pollack happily for a few pregnancies and always felt him to be caring, interested in how I was feeling, open to any questions, etc. I've been very happy using him.

HooRYou

Post Mon, Feb 16 2009, 3:47 pm
Bored wrote:
Dr. Pinellis does NOT miss problems. He konws when to tell you there is a problem and when to dismiss the problem. Believe me! I know!

That might be your experience but I had to ask specifically for a test for something that due to my history I was worried about and without that test I would not have found my problem. It could be that what I have is less common but other Drs who deal with high risk pregnancies knew to check for it.

I think for a standard pg he is probably great.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 8:37 am
[quote="HooRYou"]
morkush wrote:
He was really nice, relaxed, gives his cell phone number to all his patients but he definitely would have missed my problem if I was not on t he ball about asking for the kind of care I wanted, but then again I am always a high-risk pg.

Dr. Pinelis DOES NOT miss problems. He is such an amazing sound doctor. (many people in the field recommended him to me.) he may see a problem and not even tell the mother because he doesn't want to get the mother all worked up and nervous if there is really nothing the mother can do about it. he may just nonchalantly tell her to go for an extra ultrasound and/or monitoring. When he wanted me to 'take it easy' he said to me "you SHOULD NOT COME to bring the paper to me, you're husband should." didn't realize he really meant it. When I came, he said "I told you not to come!" He didn't want to alarm me, get me all nervus, but he knew very well what was possibly going on inside of me. he is THE ONLY doctor that I know I can trust. he doesn't send you for extra skirot for no reason, but when it is necessary, he sends you.

Health is a Virture

Post Wed, Feb 18 2009, 8:39 am
dats me wrote:
I would like to put in a good word for Dr. Pollack too. He may not be the warmest guy around, but he was extremely nice to me throughout my pregnancy , and especially my birth - I had an emergency C section with him and he really calmed me down and was very patient with me. I also have to say that my recovery was amazing, dont know if thats due to him or not, but I had a very good experience with him.

it was due to him. He and dr pinelis (could be other doctors too) have a special method of doing the c section (created it while at misgav l'dach)...people who receive sections from them all seem to have excellent recoveries, much better than those receiving from others (just what I heard through the grapevine)
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions