Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How many MM do you make?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 12:44 pm
Around 2 dozen is typical. Some years as many as 3 dozen. This year there will be a few more - I want to help my son make some for his little classmates.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 1:13 pm
shosh wrote:
I am the world's biggest cheapskate and am not ashamed to admit it. I'll make one or two maximum, if that. I am the person who turns them around, rips off the labels, scrambles a couple of items, and then passes them on to the next one ... That way, everyone's happy and I don't have loads of junk left at home to get rid of by Pesach.

Hey, I resent another poster coming on here and representing herself as me! Wink But, no, I put a little more effort into hiding the provenance of my MM: I take them apart completely and reassemble in LAST year's containers, and throw in an orange or an apple or s/t to make it "mine".

jross214

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 1:14 pm
I make three - my parents, grandparents and great aunt who has no children. Because I make so few, I spend a lot more time, energy and money into it.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 1:16 pm
Bravo to those ladies who are concentrating on giving Matonos Levyonim rather than dazzling the neighborhood with their lavish MM. Now more than ever, it's the aniyyim who need our largesse, not our freinds who need more food--especially junk food-- like a cavity in the cranium.

queen

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 1:20 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
This year there will be a few more - I want to help my son make some for his little classmates.

Thanks for reminding me in advance!!!! My daughter (age 3) will enjoy giving to some of her friends!

supermama2

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 2:05 pm
octopus wrote:
I have about 23 people on my list. More than ever. How many mishloach manos do you make for purim?

lol wanna' add ME to your list Smile

drumjj

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 3:00 pm
I only send so many bc my husband is the rav of the community and we have to although this year we are just not.

heffer569

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 3:37 pm
yo'ma wrote:
heffer569 wrote:
I just ordered the baskets for our mm to go in so we have our list and its a whooping 137 yea dont know how we will deliver all of them but its only once a year.

shock shock What happens when you have to make a wedding?

lets just say at our wedding there were close to 900 ppl there. We both have very large families and tons of friends.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 3:39 pm
heffer569 wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
heffer569 wrote:
I just ordered the baskets for our mm to go in so we have our list and its a whooping 137 yea dont know how we will deliver all of them but its only once a year.

shock shock What happens when you have to make a wedding?

lets just say at our wedding there were close to 900 ppl there. We both have very large families and tons of friends.

900, wow and b"h and k"h!!

birdstar

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 5:50 pm
We make somewhere between 24 & 48 depending on how crazy my dh gets with the list. I usually make about 90-120 hamantashan and then we go to costco and get candy, nuts and other stuff. I would like to cut down the list cuz it is alot of work and getting very expensive, but dh always finds more people to send to. I think we will cut out the little bottles of Kedem this year. My kids are all gone from the house so I dont even have anyone to help me with the baking unless I can convince my son in college to come home for a few days during his break and help me.

gemini90

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 9:14 pm

chabadshb

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 9:21 pm
if I count just friends 15, but we have to give to ppl in the comunity(my dh is rabbi), so will be more or less 50. The problem is how many we get(I really don`t understand why purim is a month before pessach Scratching Head )

Twizzlers

Post Mon, Feb 02 2009, 9:27 pm
about 20, give or take a few. depends where we go for the seuda, if all the aunts and uncles will be there we try to make one for each family.

catonmylap

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 12:57 am
We do a minimum like 10 at most.

goodheart

Post Tue, Feb 03 2009, 1:15 am
35 reg theme
5 -6 special ones
12 kids

shoptodrop

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 10:04 am
Can anyone point me to the websites (or at least phone numbers) of organizations that sell shaloch manos for tzeddakah? All I know of is Keren Aniyim and Tomchei Shabbos but I can't find their websites or phone numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 10:13 am
shoptodrop wrote:
Can anyone point me to the websites (or at least phone numbers) of organizations that sell shaloch manos for tzeddakah? All I know of is Keren Aniyim and Tomchei Shabbos but I can't find their websites or phone numbers. Any help would be appreciated.

tomchei shabbos

Fabulous

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 10:15 am
My parents used to make like 40 or more but in recent years cut down to about 25-30 plus recycles.

Last year I did about 8-9, I think this year I need to do about 10.

cookielady

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 10:27 am
Last year was about 100. I want to really change that this year. Trying to figure out how without insulting people.

gz

Post Mon, Feb 09 2009, 10:38 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics