Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Black and White theme
1  2  Next

mom23

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 3:17 pm
So - just made my first online purchase from oriental trading. They had really cute wine bags on sale that are either black bags that tie with a white bow or a white bag that ties with a black bow.

I'm thinking I can do a black/white theme.

I tried doing a search to find ideas, but got no hits. Can someone either make some suggestions or direct me to a thread that discusses suggestions.

TIA

cassandra

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 3:20 pm
I did this the first year I was married-- black and white cookies, black and white jelly beans wrapped really pretty, and something else I can't remember.

greentiger

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 3:20 pm
What are you looking for specifically? Food ideas? I don't think it should be too hard. I think black and white can look really nice and classy. How about Oreos or other sandwich cookies? Coke Zero?

mom23

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 3:24 pm
definitely classy. Food ideas as well as other ideas are welcome.

imokay

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:09 pm
u can do something with obama being president (the white house) Very Happy Very Happy

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:10 pm
imokay wrote:
u can do something with obama being president (the white house) Very Happy Very Happy

That's really cute!

COLORFUL

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:15 pm
There might be a liquor called Black and White im doing that also this year so if you find such a liquor let me know.

greentiger

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:20 pm
How about just browsing through the aisles of your local food store to get ideas and inspiration? I am sure there are loads of nice options.

cassandra

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:23 pm
greentiger wrote:
How about just browsing through the aisles of your local food store to get ideas and inspiration? I am sure there are loads of nice options.

'
That's what I did when I did it, which is probably why I don't remember what I did. I remember having a problem because there were so many great cookie ideas but not much else, but in the end it looked good.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:24 pm
If you can't find black and white jelly beans or you want a to spend a bit more (for a fancy one) you can do a chocolate covered nut or raisin and a white chocolate or nut ball. Similar effect.

mom23

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:33 pm
imokay wrote:

LOL LOL

mom23

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 4:35 pm
I definitely will browse the stores, just if you had tried and true ideas it would save me some time.

Colorful, I will keep a lookout for the liquor and let you know if I find it.

patriot

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:27 pm
I cellophaned (word??) a handful of marshmallows and tied it with black ribbon, and used a white ribbon on a cellophaned handful of chocolate covered marzipan (chocolate covered nuts are the same idea). I also put black and white cookies in.

shoy18

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:42 pm
I made chocolate cupcakes with white iceing and white cupcakes with chocolate icing, wraped one of each in cellephane. I also bought starubucks liqaur which comes in little white bottles and little black bottles. I bought black and white plaid tissue paper and ribbon, and used a plain white box.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 6:54 pm
You can make the brown cookies baked with confection sugar. It's easy and yummy.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:01 pm
imokay wrote:

I think that's in pretty poor taste; at the very least, make sure you know your audience.

I would not be impressed with such a comment in my shaloch manos.

farfromhome

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:21 pm
for a costume your kids could be mimes Smile

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:25 pm
Maybe something with chosson and kallah.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 7:33 pm
Baila100 wrote:
Maybe something with chosson and kallah.

We did this one year we bought these bags.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Feb 05 2009, 9:42 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
imokay wrote:

I think that's in pretty poor taste; at the very least, make sure you know your audience.

I would not be impressed with such a comment in my shaloch manos.

I agree as well. Not cute at all.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics