Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Now can we talk about purim?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 8:07 am
Even though Adar isn't here yet, but tu b'shvat is over, so now can we talk about purim?

Music
Chag Purim
Chag Purim
Chag gadol layehudim
Music

So what do you need to do for Purim? I have to move it and actually do my kids costumes. I'm so lazy and I guess I'm waiting for the last minute. I don't know who's coming for the seuda, but the menu is not done until a few days before purim. I kind of know what I'm doing for mm, but I'm going to get the stuff a few days before because I don't do anything big and make very few. I hope the kids will make graggers in school or most likely my mil will buy them something for it. Is that it for Purim? Am I forgetting anything that needs preparing beforehand?

Lovemylife

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 12:52 pm
Great! I was waiting for someone to bring it up!
Chag Sameach Yo'ma!

Where can I get cheap toddler costumes online?

Do you really plan on making them? How?

Pineapple

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 12:53 pm
How do you plan on doing EVERYTHING last minute?

drumjj

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:46 pm
purim is really not that complicated if u do it simple. u can do simple costumes. simple mishloach manos esp if ur only doing a few like a bottle of wine and a pkt of cookies or something (which is what im doing this year bc im due in two weeks) and then the seuda is really just like another shabbos meal isnt it? why does it have to be complicated

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 2:11 pm
Lovemylife wrote:
Great! I was waiting for someone to bring it up!
Chag Sameach Yo'ma!

Where can I get cheap toddler costumes online?

Do you really plan on making them? How?

I always make our costumes, so I don't know where you can get them online.
Pineapple wrote:
How do you plan on doing EVERYTHING last minute?

I work better or actually work under pressure Confused .

misteray

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 6:09 pm
I would also be doing things last minute, but for two things:

1- my DH is a yekky and last year when we were shopping for costumes and making the mm the night before Purim- he kinda was a bit... nervous...anxious... y'know what I mean! And he didn't want to do that again this year.
2- plus, I am b'eh due a few weeks later and would prefer not to be rushed at the time, esp. if I am not sure how I'll be feeling.

So, I already almost finished DH's costume (pretty cute, if I do say so myself!) and am waiting for mine to be shipped from my mother's house (I had worn the costume before and s/o just needs to find it in the storage- hopefully b4 purim!). We bought the containers for MM and have the idea of what to put in it, but they need to be made semi-fresh, so can't do anything more with it yet.

Yo'ma: what is your costume/theme idea this year?

Mommish

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 6:38 pm
I just bought 35 of these really cute baskets for a good price, but then got them home and realized they don't really work for the mishloach manot I was going to make. Where is my brain? Rolling Eyes

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 7:10 pm
misteray wrote:
Yo'ma: what is your costume/theme idea this year?

The kids are going to be community workers or you could just say people you see in the neighborhood because one of them wants to be a Rabbi and my dh and I are going to a father and mother LOL .

misteray

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 8:17 pm
[quote="yo'ma"] my dh and I are going to a father and mother LOL .[/quote]

Yo'ma- sorry, but when I read this I just had to roll my eyes... Rolling Eyes You can do better than that!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 8:19 pm
I decide my theme around shavous and then look for costumes on ebay throughout the summer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics