Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Goldilocks and the 3 Bears ideas needed!
1  2  Next

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:03 pm
awww, since anon posting is now blocked in here, I'll have to hope that none of my siblings come across this thread since that would spoil the surprise.

anyway, so for purim we are being.....Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. I, as the straight haired brunette, will be goldilocks of course, and my hubby and 2 little boys will be bears (thanx to the $3 bear costumes I found! LOL )

so... I need suggestions for what to put in our mishloach monos, and what kind of container to put it in.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:07 pm
LOL - this is what we were going to do, but since we couldn't find any $3 costumes, we changed our theme.

Firstly - honey - you can get them online, someone told me the name - search for my honey thread.

2. you can make adorable bear claws - cookies or pastries - cookies, you make and then add almond "claws" you can google this as well, or pastries that you cut a circle three times and it spread like a claw.

That's as far as I got. Good luck!

skymile

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:10 pm
k. you need 3 of everything ur putting in. a too much of 2, and a "just right".
drink: an iced coffee (cappacino...) a tea bag, and a grape juice (or a box juice)= too cold, too hot, and just right.
a mini human tash, a regular human tash, and a jumbo human tash= 2 small, 2 big, just right...
chap?
get those tiny oranges (sweet on the outside, bitter on the inside), tangerines, and oranges- same as above...
as for containers- try to find those collapsible beach chairs that serve as a container...

sunshine!

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:14 pm
you can do oatmeal packets, and different honey products, little honey jars, honey cookies, honey cakes. If I think of anything else I will let you know.

Mrs.K

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:15 pm
Gummy Bears...

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 1:28 pm
Oh yeah, we were going to do oatmeal packets also...

goodheart

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 2:43 pm
luv2cook4eva wrote:
k. you need 3 of everything ur putting in. a too much of 2, and a "just right".
drink: an iced coffee (cappacino...) a tea bag, and a grape juice (or a box juice)= too cold, too hot, and just right.
a mini human tash, a regular human tash, and a jumbo human tash= 2 small, 2 big, just right...
chap?
get those tiny oranges (sweet on the outside, bitter on the inside), tangerines, and oranges- same as above...
as for containers- try to find those collapsible beach chairs that serve as a container...

I love ur idea LOL

skymile

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 3:18 pm
thx, goodheart! why are bear suggestions coming up? her theme is GOLDILOCKS. not "Bears"

Seraph

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 3:57 pm
Oatmeal cookies. Different sized- small, medium, and large.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 4:48 pm
Cute idea and very cute suggestions.

luv2cook4eva wrote:
why are bear suggestions coming up? her theme is GOLDILOCKS. not "Bears"

Seriously? You don't think that bears and Goldilocks go hand in hand? Wouldn't be much of a story w/o the bears.

bonitag1

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 7:01 pm
what about packaging it in a large cereal bowl (from the dollar store) with an oversized spoon?
Or make a bear house (log-cabiny looking) from a box with a sign saying the Bear Family next to the door, with a removable roof?

myfriends715

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 8:01 pm
yay I wanna do this theme 2.. 1st wizzlers where did u get the costumes? how are you dressing urself up?

PineappleMom

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 9:49 pm
Not reading the whole thread but I did this last year

I sent a bear from the dollar store w a bowl and spoon, packet of oatmeal, oatmeal cookies and chocoalte milk in a can.

I used this picture in a card

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 9:55 pm
myfriends715 wrote:
yay I wanna do this theme 2.. 1st wizzlers where did u get the costumes? how are you dressing urself up?

I havent gotten my blonde curly wig yet, but hopefully I'll find something cheap. I have a black and white polka dotted jumper that I plan to wear.....the bear costumes I got at babycenter right after halloween....and we havent gotten a bear costume for dh yet...that's probably the hardest to find.

rivka_w, because of our internet filter I cant see your pictures. would you be able to email them to me? my address is shpritz17 at gmail.com

thanks so much, it sounds adorable!

Mimisinger

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 9:57 pm
luv2cook4eva wrote:
thx, goodheart! why are bear suggestions coming up? her theme is GOLDILOCKS. not "Bears"

? Did you read the title or the OP?

Alef Bais

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 10:03 pm
Twizzlers, if you want to borrow a Goldilocks sheitel, I have a perfect one for you. (A long curly Freeda wig disaster that became a Purim Sheitel)

(That's my son in it when he was dressed up like a girl 2 years ago.)

The only idea I can come up with what to put into your 'shaloch manos:
Alprose chocolate bears or a box of graham mini bears.

Twizzlers

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 10:19 pm
Alef Bais wrote:
Twizzlers, if you want to borrow a Goldilocks sheitel, I have a perfect one for you. (A long curly Freeda wig disaster that became a Purim Sheitel)

omg, the shaitel is so cute! do you know what size is the cap? (apparently I have a large head....must be all those brains Twisted Evil )

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 11:05 pm
well, I think you should give out gingerbread houses filled with porridge in different sized bowls.

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 11:26 pm
pancake batter, pack it in a porridge bowl or a mini wooden chair

myfriends715

Post Tue, Feb 10 2009, 11:34 pm
Twizzlers wrote:
Alef Bais wrote:

omg, the shaitel is so cute! do you know what size is the cap? (apparently I have a large head....must be all those brains Twisted Evil )

if its too small for twizzlers can I borrow it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics