Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Unemployment in Maryland

amother

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 9:00 am
I was the one who just posted about losing my job. If I'm at home with a baby and would want to work from home PT, would I be able to get unemployment? I started trying to apply online, but it seems like you need to be actively searching for a full-time job in your field. Is that true?

Any other details about unemployment in Maryland?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 9:52 am
if no one h ere respods, pm me an I'll askmy sisiter. she lives in md

sky

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 9:57 am
I'm pretty sure you can not get unemployment if you have a job. In order to keep on getting the unemployment you will have to prove that you are searching for a job.

amother

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 11:24 am
Sky - right, that's just it, I'm looking for a job. I'm looking for a PT telecommuting job so that I can stay home and watch my baby. Is that good enough? The job I got laid off from was also PT telecommuting...

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 11:31 am
I'd assume that the website where you're filing has a contact number or email address where you can ask your questions. That seems a lot more prudent than posting on a site where people either a) won't know the answer or b) will give you wrong information

SomebodyElse

Post Fri, Feb 13 2009, 12:27 pm
-Can I file for benefits if I am working part-time?
If you are working all of the hours your employer has available for you and your gross pay is less than your weekly benefit amount plus any dependents' allowance, you may be eligible for partial benefits. However, you must still be able, available and actively seeking full-time work. You cannot restrict yourself to part-time work and be eligible for benefits. When you stop working a part-time job, you should immediately notify the Division of Unemployment Insurance (DUI). Failure to do so could result in a finding of unemployment insurance fraud.

from http://www.dllr.state.md.us/em.....ml#pt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics