Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to get rid of bump under sheitel from long hair...

AppleCrisp

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:29 am
Hi!
I hate when my hair/pony makes a "bump" under my sheitel.. how do you pin up your hair to avoid that?

looking for suggestions..
thanks!

pinkbubbles

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 12:18 pm
good luck, I tried everything..

mom2bsn

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 2:04 pm
make a low pony and then flip the pony upwards and secure the middle of the pony to the middle of your head with a flat clip and then flatten the rest of the hair on top of your head..works for me every day

ettasarah

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 2:08 pm
Don't use a ponytail holder at all to make a low ponytail, use a flat clip, then use another clip in the middle to hold your hair in place. I've been doing that for years.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:43 pm
My sheitel macher told me to make a very low pony at the base of my neck so the bump is at the base of the sheitel.

ss321

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:54 pm
very small half pony, then the pieces that didnt end up in the half pony, put in a very low pony. then when you "flip" that pony up, it doesnt make a bump because it doesnt contan as much hair.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:57 pm
Courtesy of an old post here: use a giant Goody pin instead of a pony holder. Clip it on upside down, so the curve is away from your head. Then, flip it up, and use another clip to hold it in place. This is ultra flat and amazing.

Use: Goody 3.75" Domed Metal Barrette
http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Do.....QL48I

MamaBear

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 8:57 pm
Make 2 low ponies (I.e. low pigtails) and criss cross them upwards and tuck or pin them. Same idea as the half pony plus low pony idea. Two sectins of hair leave less of a bump.

Mirel

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 9:04 pm
cut it, or thin it!

mamacita

Post Sun, Feb 15 2009, 11:02 pm
French braids work for me! Smile One, two, or more depending on how much fun I'm having making them, hehe.

zb99m

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 5:27 pm
I part my hair slightly to the side, so I have where to place the comb, then braid each side and pin them up on the opposite sides of my head- my hair is extremely long, though (just past my waist), so I usually have to fold over the end of each braid back towards the nape of my neck.

It takes 4 large bobby pins, and sometimes one or two for the wispy ends of the braid, but it works, and it's SO comfortable! People normally don't believe me when I tell them I haven't cut my hair!

wanderer

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 5:36 pm
zb99m wrote:
I part my hair slightly to the side, so I have where to place the comb, then braid each side and pin them up on the opposite sides of my head- my hair is extremely long, though (just past my waist), so I usually have to fold over the end of each braid back towards the nape of my neck.

It takes 4 large bobby pins, and sometimes one or two for the wispy ends of the braid, but it works, and it's SO comfortable! People normally don't believe me when I tell them I haven't cut my hair!

Do you do this every day? Seems like it's very time consuming, isn't it? And when you remove your sheital, what's your hair like?

zb99m

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 5:55 pm
Only when I wear the sheitel- so that's really for Shabbos and weddings, mostly- it takes me about five minutes; not much longer than the single braid-bun I use for a tichel. When I take off the sheitel when I get home, I either leave the braids up (it's kind of a "Heidi" look; I used to wear my hair like that in E"Y in sem because of the heat), or take down the braids and wear those down.

Of course, sometimes I just take down my hair from whatever it was in- sheitel, tichel, whatever- and wet my hair and mousse it up- I miss my curls sometimes!

wanderer

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 6:17 pm
Aha. Thanks for the idea :-) I'll have to try it...

sky

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 6:29 pm
colorful! wrote:
zb99m wrote:

Do you do this every day? Seems like it's very time consuming, isn't it? And when you remove your sheital, what's your hair like?

I used to do this (my hair is shorter now) but instead of braiding my hair I would twist it very tightly. My sheitel machur taught me to do this when I was a kallah and had long very thick hair. The hair sits at the bottom of your head this way and doesn't make a bump at all.

Lilkingdom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2009, 8:56 pm
I do one cornbraid in the center. That makes the entire back flat and I tuck in the bottom of the braid if it's longer than the sheitel net. Takes a second and very easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics