Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Attention Teachers: What do you want for Shalach Manos?
1  2  3  Next

cheerios

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 12:04 am
What were some things that you actually appreciated, or what would you like to receive? (I'm sure you have enough #1 Teacher mugs)

Aidelmom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 4:51 am
I got some really good chocolates (belgian/torino in red bag) which I liked. Someone gave an iced cappuccino w/ homemade cinnamon buns. ok I sound gluttonous. I was only the assisstant anyway (the 20$ was nice too!)

willow

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 5:47 am
When I taught I loved getting $$Smile but also real items/gifts. I didn't enjoy junk or junk food. My friends and I liked flowers, baskets anything that we could actually use after wards.

Emee

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 6:43 am
I woudl like chocolates or those candy dishes that have 4 different types of candies like from oh nuts or wherever that way I can put them out for the seudah or for shabbosim.

Also things you can use after are always good. Like, serving bowls, cake pans etc and then put soem nosh in and wrap it up! Also wine is good even grape juice. It'll get used!

Marion

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 6:47 am
Maybe I'm cheap, but teachers are the people who get notes saying "Thank you so much for everything you do for my child. In your honour we have made a donation for matanot l'evyonim to "x" organization. Purim sameach!"

willow

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 6:53 am
Marion that is not cheap its lovely.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 8:29 am
seriously Marion, as a Morah, I would REALLY prefer that to a dish or serving piece that I probably won't use! Or junk or nosh that I would enjoy, but wouldn't really want to consume all the calories.

That is also a great idea for Rebbeim (my son's Rebbe is THE BEST!), which I was really wondering about how to handle this year! Thanks for the great tip!

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 9:57 am
colourful chalk Colors

lamplighter

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:20 am
I enjoy anything useable.
Wine and chocolate/nut sets are "foods" that are appreciated because their practical.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:23 am
Something useable, wine, good chocolate. NOT junk. Anything really is appreciated, I love seeing the kids in their costumes/with their siblings, and nice notes are nice too. Anon because of my students' mothers that are on here, don't want them to think it's a hint!!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 12:37 pm
I had dd snoop as to what morah ate for snack !

queen

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 12:53 pm
I'd suggest giving the teacher a gift certificate....

msym

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 1:08 pm
for rabbeim I ussually make an elegant shalach manos. bottle of wine, sack of pistachios, box of assorted teas and this year I think iwill include a whole cake inside. I wrap it nicely in a nice basket and tissue paper and cellaphane and it looks really nice.

YALT

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 7:30 pm
I don't mean to change the question, but it's sort of part of the same. Do teachers and assistants in the same class get the same thing, or different?
Do teachers look down if they weren't given more? Do assistants look down if they got less bec. they really do just as much? How does it work? This is my first year that I have teachers to give to. I don't want to mess up.
Also, do you give as part of "achdus baskets*" from kids school, or do you make something at home & deliver.

* achdus baskets is the MM that school prepares. Everyone pays $5 per person, The more ppl that are giving to a specific person, the bigger that person gets. For example: If there are 4 people that all ordered a.b. to Mrs. Cohen, then she'll get a small size basket. But if 300 people ordered a.b. to Rabbi Levy, then he'll receive a really large beautiful basket. They're all nice, just dif. sizes depending on # of ppl giving. & It comes with a list of who gave you thru them. At the same time, it's tzedaka to the school.

Barbara

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 7:39 pm
YALT wrote:
I don't mean to change the question, but it's sort of part of the same. Do teachers and assistants in the same class get the same thing, or different?
Do teachers look down if they weren't given more? Do assistants look down if they got less bec. they really do just as much? How does it work? This is my first year that I have teachers to give to. I don't want to mess up.
Also, do you give as part of "achdus baskets*" from kids school, or do you make something at home & deliver.

* achdus baskets is the MM that school prepares. Everyone pays $5 per person, The more ppl that are giving to a specific person, the bigger that person gets. For example: If there are 4 people that all ordered a.b. to Mrs. Cohen, then she'll get a small size basket. But if 300 people ordered a.b. to Rabbi Levy, then he'll receive a really large beautiful basket. They're all nice, just dif. sizes depending on # of ppl giving. & It comes with a list of who gave you thru them. At the same time, it's tzedaka to the school.

We give through the school. All teachers get the same thing at our school, AFAIK. Maybe I'll make MM for DS' SLT, if she's not on the school list.

Would it be OK to give the teachers something that they could use for Pesach, instead of the Purim seuda? MM from all of their students, in addition to friends, just seems like too much would go to waste.

Barbara

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 7:40 pm
YALT wrote:

We give through the school. All teachers get the same thing at our school, AFAIK. Maybe I'll make MM for DS' SLT, if she's not on the school list.

Would it be OK to give the teachers something that they could use for Pesach, instead of the Purim seuda? MM from all of their students, in addition to friends, just seems like too much would go to waste.

YALT

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 8:03 pm
Barbara, thanks for reminding me! I forgot that I also need to give to his therapists.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 8:44 pm
what if you can't give a tip to the teachers(bec of the economy and u don't have a job)? can u just give a box of chocolate? should I also write a note? do I need to excuse myself for not giving a tip?

overworkedraizy

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 10:51 pm
I'd suggest giving the teacher a gift certificate....

rather give the money. once got a certificate and did not use up the full amount and its over now we both lost it and the store made extra $17 cause I couldn't use anything from the store. won't give me change on it..
if you know she wants that store and shops there fine but out of the blue a store not so appreciate
home made stuff with a nice letter even a picture of the child very nice
$$ could always be use

Marion

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 11:11 pm
The whole tipping thing irks me, and I'm quite pleased it's not done where my kids are.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics